Hi.. I noticed a lump on the left side of my tongue a few weeks ago now & didn't really think anything about it, it's grown rapidly over the last couple of weeks, it's not sore like a ulcer but it's very uncomfortable, it keeps me awake at night & is uncomfortable to eat & drink now. It's about half inch, reddish colour. I have no idea what it could be. Should I be worried?

I can imagine the pain that this lump on your tongue is causing you.  It sounds like it may be becoming bigger from the constant irritation from your teeth.  Did it start really small because you said it is about 1/2 in size now?  Has it bled at all?  An ulcer would be a open sore so is this what it is? You may want to get something to place between your teeth and the sore to help alleviate the pain and rubbing.  You could use chewing gum as it could cover the teeth that are rubbing the area raw.  It just needs a chance to heal.  I hope this helps!

Hi.. It's not bleed, it's getting bigger by the day. I went to my gp this morning and she seemed concerned. Am being referred to ENT. I wear a gum shield at night as I've always grinded my teeth. I haven't bitten it or chewed it! The pain isn't let a ulcer pain, it's a dull ache all the time like throbbing! x