Hello there, I hope someone could help me with this question. I know it sounds down right silly but for the past 3 months i have felt this humming or whirring feeling in my lower addomen/uterus area. If i didnt know better i would say i could be pregnant and i might be feeling the baby move but i am not. It doesnt hurt but its very disconcerting and when i place my hand on my lower abdomen i feel the vibration. I guess some people would laugh at this and make some sort of joke but im at ods and have no idea what it could be!
Thanks for your time
ZM

Do you have any back problems? As far as I know, pinched nerves could be causing such sensations but you would need a doc to confirm on this one.

Start with GP or your gynecologist to possibly have an ultrasound to check if there's anything wrong with your abdomen, if not, these docs are likely to refer you to another specialist.

I have had that sensation before, a fluttering feeling in your lower abdomen, almost like the feeling you get when your eye twitches.. I have had it off and on for over 30 years so I don't think it is anything to worry about.. but I'm not a doctor so if this bothers you, you may want to see your doctor.

You are not alone, I have had this humming in my abodomen for the past 2 days.  It actually began in my groin while I was sleeping.  Now it is in the lower abodomen humming and when I lay down it seems to vibrate.  A year ago, it was the same sensation in my foot.  Someone told me I needed vitamin D.  I took Vitamin D and the vibrating in my foot stopped.  I have taken vitamin D for the abodmen humming but it has not helped.

I just googled this sensation - after experiencing it for the first time - to find out if anyone else has it! I was so surprised and delighted to find i’m not alone! I’m female, 44 years and in good health and shape. Perhaps it is just nerve endings, like someone else suggested....?