Feed Back Please: A pain management Dr. was referred to wean my
son off Hydrocodone ,but we learned he was never weaned off. The Dr.
kept prescribing every two weeks,for 8 months. My son was hospitalized
and as a result of the hospitalization he was not able to take the hydrocodone. This would mean he abruptly stopped hydrocodone. His
primary admitting Dr. did not know he was never weaned off Hydrocodone, and did not know he was getting it from the Pain Management doctor for eight months. No communication ever took place
between the primary Dr. nor the referral Dr. My son died suddenly and
unexpectedly of massive cerebral edema while in the hospital. My son
went into a coma due to the cerebral edema. All the doctors said they
don't know what to tell me, they never saw anything like this. I learned
several months after my sons death that the Pain Management Dr. never
weaned my son off hydrocodone and my son was taking it up until he was admitted. I've been told that the sudden stopping of the Hydrocodone
is what caused his Cerebral Edema. Anyone care to give their opinion of
this. Thanks much! As a Mom I'm trying desperately to get to the bottom
of my sons death and any help would be appreciated.

I lost my son earlier this year. A very sad and log story that there's no way I'm in any condition to share in this forum but I got a hold of my son's full autopsy report and although it is hard to totally understand it has allot of medical jargon but I would recommend getting a copy and possibly taking it to an outside authority to interpret it may answer some questions for you.

Blessings

I saw the same thing happen to my friend, they admitted her and took her off all her pain meds while in hospital....where she died and no explanation was given...her organs had shut down..it was so fast, in less than a week she was gone...another angel called home.