Hi, I'm 17 and I've had hyperthyroidism for several months now and am currently on medication. I wonder how long it will take before i become normal again?
And I am always eating, even when I'm not that hungry. Is this related to this disease? What should I do? Eat whenever i feel like it? Am I going to gain serious weight?
And what about energy level, I feel tired and kind of depressed throughout the whole day. Is this also associated with hyperthyroid? Any advices on what I can do?
Thank you! :$

Hi, Im also 17 and have had hypothyroidism for the same amount of time, i have gained atleast 14Ibs since finding out i have an under active thyroid. The depression and energy levels are symptoms to do with your thyroid as i get them with my thyroid disfunction. You have an over active thyroid so im assuming you wont put on weight. What i tend to do to find out about my condition is go to google and itll have all the information you can possibly need, also there are a few forums around with people that are suffering from the same as you, these people are really friendly and give out good advice.

Leah xx

hello, I am 30 yo female diagnosed with severe hyperthyroidism. My levels are 8 to 10 x higher than normal. When I was first diagnosed I ate like a horse and stayed at my normal 105 lbs. I am right now being treated with heart meds to slow my heart and anti thyroid meds to slow my thyroid, now I am not hungry at all and almost never eat and have gained about 12 lbs. It would be nothing exept I still feel pretty bad all the time I have no energy and my throat is suddenly HUGE. I am to get radiation therapy soon and that should kill my thyroid and then I will be on hormone replacement for the rest of my life. I hope at that time I can say that I feel better. Good Luck!!!

How are you feeling now?

Don't do the radiation!!!!! The problem is with your gut health not your poor thyroid gland...