im a little bit embarrased to talk about this but seeing as it can be anonymous i need some help.
my foreskin cannot come back by itself, and when i can do it manually there is still a thin piece of skin attached to the head of my penis.
i am very worried as i am getting pressure from my girlfriend to have sex and i keep telling her im not ready when actually i just am too embarrased.

is there any particular doctor i should see?
is there anything i could do without a doctor?

There are two possibilities in your case. You could be having problems with foreskin opening being to narrow, getting stuck at the tip of the penis or you may have troubles with frenulum. Frenulum is a tissue that connects the foreskin and head of the penis, and it is probably what you called “a thin piece of skin attached to the head of my penis”.

I would suggest you saw an urologist. They could help you realize what exactly the problem may be and how to fix it.

I wouldn’t be lying to your girlfriend. She may dump you from being insecure, immature and not wanting instead but she could be understanding if you showed her or told her your real problem. At least this is how I would react being a girl. However, every girl is different but it is worth a shot.

I have just posted a reply on a very similar post to this.Natalia is right your best bet is to see your local GP tell him the problem and they will refer you to an urologist.It might seem embassasing but they are there to help you,this is what they are here for.

If it is your frenulum is to tight as natalia suggested there is a small operation your urologist might suggest called a frenuloplasty where they make a slit in to your frenulum, stitch it, then a week or two later take the stiches out,if succesfull this will loosen up the frenulum. You might not even have to go that far but it's just one possibility.

But i would ask your doctor to refer you to an uroligist if it's really worrying you.

edited by moderator***web addresses not allowed

The notion that a man’s foreskin will retract when he gets an erection is only partially true. A foreskin will only retract if the tip of the foreskin is wide enough to pass over the head of the penis. A foreskin will only retract if it is shorter than the erect penis. A foreskin that is longer than the penis will never retract automatically but may be retracted manually, provided it the tip is wide enough to pass over the head of the erect penis.

Many boys and adolescents have foreskins with tips that are too narrow to retract.

The long foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis. Moreover, the ancient Greeks considered a long, tapering foreskin to be a sign of male beauty. The long tip is called the akroposthion.

The long foreskin may improve the sexual experience because of its superior gliding action.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have a short frenulum.

You can stretch the frenulum just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.