Please, is there anyone who is suffering from agoraphobic? I cant stand it anymore. I am so afraid every time when I am on some open space or in the crowd. That constant fear they will run me over or that sky is going to fall on my head is making me desperate. I had tried with some medications but that didn't work. Is there non-medical hope for agoraphobics?

Yes, there is hope. Behaviorally focused psychotherapy is the cornerstone of treatment. These kind of behavioral strategies are based upon the finding that distorted perceptions and interpretations of fear producing stimuli play a major role in perpetuation of phobias. Individual and group therapy sessions teach the patient to identify specific negative thoughts associated with the anxiety producing situations and help to reduce the patient's fear of loss of control.

Celebrity
Giorgi is right. The best treatment for agoraphobia is CBT. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. I have been off meds since shortly after my group ended. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today.

I concur with this completely. The TEA forms are really amazing too.

Celebrity
The tea form works great for all types of anxieties.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and one with better skills to manage your anxieties
:-D

Arlana did you ever try the TEA forms they are great at getting moving again and out of your fears.

Celebrity
So true :D

How are yopu arlana?

Celebrity
How about an update on how things are going for you Arlana?

Anyone else unable to log in? It won't let me and I even tried the option of resetting my password and it says my e-mail is not recognized????

Celebrity
Here's the link to the article I wrote on this site about my experience with CBT and the TEA forms.
https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy__Best_non_med_treatment_for_anxiety_and_stress_problems_a958.html

Celebrity
One last shout out for Arlana. I hope you found something that is helpful for your agoraphobia ?