i kind of have a little buldge on mi stomach i am big in da chest .. nd im kind of wide at mi hips ....

i think im over weight beacuse a 12 year old girl is supposed to weigh about 120 pounds right??? but im trying to loose weight by doing cardio every day and eating under 1200 calories will this work ? and am i overwieght:'(

Hi honey! Due to the fact the you are a preteen, your body will be changing and with that comes loosing "Baby fat" and start becoming shapely! Being on a strict diet - especially at your age - MIGHT cause a few problems (such as bone growth, and muscle strength etc, also it slows down your metabolism - which you need to burn fat)! If you start taking care of yourself now, your body and mind will thank you in the future! So if you start eating good meals - healthy meals, cut down on your sugars (pops, cookies, cakes etc) this will help your weight and also your skin, and your mind will be clearer too! So you don't need to do cardio every day, just start doing activities (walking, swimming, yoga, ) low impact - while your bones are growing and developing! And if you do this nice and easy then it will start a lifetime of good habits! So you are NOT overweight honey, it's all about being healthy, and loving yourself and the way you look! Take care not to buy into being stick thin - many stick thin women have died early from heart attacks etc.! And trust me that in 5 years time - with good practices - you will be in ROCKING health! Big hugs honey!

I dont think your overweight because im 13 and weigh about 120 and im just 5 foot! sooo just live life and dont worry about being fat or skinny! :)

I am in almost the exact boat you're in! I'm 12, and have pudge in the stomach and chest. I'm 5'4 and weigh 144 pounds. I know what you're going through, but I try to tell myself it doesn't matter! You can get through this and so can I.

Girl i get you i thought i was big too but i wasn't. You don't seem over weight in your discrition so you shouldn't feel bad about your weight.

having 144 pounds for 5'4 it much more i think for between 115 to 120 don't get worried consantrate on you diet it will loose automatically..

You seem to be a little overweight for your age,but I feel you can do away with this by taking up some kind of exercise like jogging or swimming which will help tone up your body muscles and help you shed that extra fat.Eating healthy and keeping count of your calories is a very good way of keeping a check on your weight gain.

I'm the same age and everything! i asked my doctor and he said I'm perfectly fine. You're far from being overweight.

Also, when I was 9, I weighed 120+, and did a mile each week twice, and lost 10 pounds!

Honestly if you played a sport like basketball or football then that would be a great weight.

Omg where the same! I'm 12 and 144 pounds!

I do a mile everyday for 1 month lost 25 pounds