I lived in Spain for a couple of years when I was 14 and I had a drunk one night stand at the age of 15 with a spanish boy, I wasn't sure if it was protected but when I found out about a year later that I had chlamydia I persume that it was unprotected.

Ever since I have moved back from Spain, I have a boyfriend who I have been with for 16 months, the day I found out we both went straight to the clinic to get it treated. Even though it was only just me who came back positive for it, my boyfriend took some pills for it too and he also did a test, and for some reason came out negative.

I stopped taking the pill about a month ago, I am nearly 18 and me and my boyfriend want to try for a baby, but I have always had a fear that I cannot get pregnant due to the fact i've had chlamydia.

Please can somebody put my mind at ease and explain if I can or cant get pregnant and if I can, how long will it take on average?

Thankyou!

Little blondie xo

Hi Little,

Yes, it is very likely you can become pregnant.  A long term infection may cause scarring so it may make it difficult to become pregnant.  Only a physical exam can tell if there is/was any scarring.

As for how long until you get pregnant, it is hard to say.  We don't consider fertility issues until after a year without success.  The odds of getting pregnant, when everything is "perfect" is about 1 in 5.

Hope it helps, good luck.

I cry at night because im unsure if I can get pregnant. I had Chlamydia when I was sixteen and I think I had it for a year . I was on birth control at the time & I am not off at 18 . I am not trying right now to have kids right now but im fearing when I do I want be able to & it hurts so bad I just really think I want be able to due too me having Chlamydia for mane a year , im crying as I read some of the comments be cause I think I have no hope . Plz tell me what to do or words of wisdom THANK YOU ALL & I WISH THOSE WHO ARE TRY THE BEST

Hi guest,

It's very likely you can get pregnant. Your doctor can advise you better than any internet forum.

Hope it helps.

I had Chlamydia at a young age & I think I had it for over a year & I was on birth control at that time period and I am now 18 & just got off birth control. I want to have kids in my future but im scared I want be able to . I cry from time to time just cause I have it in my head I can't have kids . Also I just don't want FALSE hope so I pray to god im blessed with at least one child . wishing & hoping for those who are trying the best . THANK YOU

My steady boyfriend gave me chlamandia and gonnorhea 17 years ago which lead to me having to have surgery on my arm. With that being said I have 2 kids and have been pregnant 3 times!!! Don't give up hope sweetheart just pray and u will get s blessing soon, maybe two or more!! Lol lol

I am a guy and I haven't found out if I have Chlamydia and its driving me insane that i may never be able to have children i am 17 and i want to know my likely hood of having children

Just so everyone who is worried knows. I had chlamydia and gonnarea when I was like 16 or 17 took the meds and they went away. Now my husband and I have been trying for a baby for 5 months and I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. Dont worry

Well I guess most of you are in the same predicatament as me maybe mines is worser i lost my virginity at the age of 16 to this boy i thought really cared for me although i was scared it happened and he kept asking to take the condom off and i told him no so we did it with a condom and weeks later during a school testing it turns out that i had gonorrhea i was in tears i began to wonder how i got it if he used protection then i realized wen we got up to check the door he took it off nd beings though i didn't now the difference i cudnt tell if he did or he didn't and he ate me out so it cud have been in his mouth i was mad hurt and betrayed and wen i told him he got mad at me and then wen he went to get tested he found out it was true and asked would i still be with him and of course the answer was no.....and i have had chlamydia about 3 times and i think i can not get pregnant because after all them times i was infected my insides may be bruised i am now 18 going on 19 and praying to have at least one child no matter what gender i just want one of my own to love take care off and spoil and that will love me no matter what and my main problem is i have difficulties swallowing pills so i always recieved liquid medication i just want a child of my own if theres anything in the world this would mean the world to me im just scared ot of all i dont know what to do all because i wanted to be grown i want this situation fixed

This is going to seem extremely ridiculous to a lot of people but here goes... I'm 19, have been seeing my boyfriend for 2 years. Found out recently i have chlamydia (also had it twice before). I am petrified to tell him so im just begging and trying my hardest to hurry up and get pregnant now, go to docs and get it cured whilst pregnant and then tell him to do same. All i want is a baby, and i am so scared i cannot have one. Basically, ive had chlamydia twice and i living with it now. Can i still get pregnant? if so how do i increase the chance. I will do anything to have my own beautiful baby. Please dont comment saying im stupid etc, because i know i am. All that matters just now is gettinv pregnant. Please help, D x

Hi - can you please let me know why you have to have surgery on your arm? How did clyamedia affect your arm? Anyway, Im in the same situation. Caught it when I was 18 thinking the guy loved me but he cheated on me and that's how I got it. I can tell my current husband about it. Now I had an ectopic pregnancy and I'm currently going to try ivf. It's a sad road.

im 17 and i had chlamedya at 15 i had sex with a guy that i knew for a while and so did my frnd but we didnt kno so one day there was a test at school for common STDs in teens and my frnd took it we eventually found out that we slept with the same guy and she came and told me that the results of the STD test came back and she was positive for chlamedy and i should get tested sure enuff i had it i took the pills azithromycin and 3-4 months later i retook it and it says i was clean. long story short my currnt bf wants a baby and idk if ill b able to give him 1. i didnt tell him i had an STD we didnt have sex yet but we have spoked about it. im almost 18 and wondering can i get pregnant. and b4 all of that last year i believe ive had an UTI but eventually went awaywithout prescriptions so im curious can i get pregnant??? HELP

i recently ound out that i have chlamidia and had it for 7 months i donot hvave it now but is there still a chance to get pregnant

Hello, I'm not trying to scare you and I know this is an old post but I just came across it. I had gotten chlamydia at the age of 17 by my now husband. We were young, he was 18 and cheated on me. He didn't tell me for 4months. I am now 23 in a half and have not gotten pregnant since. I try every month and even track my ovulation for 8years now. We are trying to move past the chlamydia that happened over 8 years ago, but I am really concerned that it may have done damage within the 4month period that he didn't tell me. Hopefully I can have kids and hopefully you can too.

Chlamdia may or may not be the issue here. Usually it takes a much longer period of time for the scarring to become severe enough to cause fertility issues.

Both of you need to see a fertility specialist. You can expect a complete physical including internal exam and blood work. Your partner can expect a semen analysis.

Good luck.