Hi doctor, I made the biggest mistake of my life having had sex with a prostitute with the use of a condom. I am now very worried and panicking, I am experiencing itchiness, burning and redness like jock itch in the folds my legs and thighs near the exterior of my gentiles. This has been recurring for seven weeks now and I can't get rid of it. I have had multiple blood test done and the keep showing up negative.I have used a prescribed Clotrimazole cream ups, 1% cream that I apply on twice a day. What could this be, is it jock itch or perhaps a dormant herpes virus?? Please help I'm growing insane.

Herpes would cause blister-like sores on the penis itself, so I don’t think that’s what is going on. A fungal infection like jock itch can take a long time to clear up, so you really need to use it for the full recommended length  of time – otherwise the infection will keep coming back. Other than that, you could have a skin issue like dermatitis, so if you have changed your soap, shampoo or laundry detergent recently, you might want to stop using it. A good solution to keeping the penis clean and smooth is using a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) after a daily shower.