I have been on methadone treatment for almost 3 years. I started because I needed a steping stone for coming off of heroin. I got up to 77.5mg of methadone and am now down to 20mgs. I have had no problems until now, and am not having horrible symptoms, but noticable. I fear that it only gets worse from here. I am going down 5mgs every 3 weeks. I have made up my mind, that I am going to do this, But, I do have concerns that it is not going to be easy. I have done some research about coming off methadone and found that there are some natural remedies/vitamins that can be taken to help. My main concern is not being able to sleep at night and having to go to work if Im not feeling good. Does anyone have any experience with this and/or any suggestions??

As far as sleeping and anxiety problems are concerned, some mild anxyolitic medication like Xanax (low dose), but I think you don't need me to tell you that these are also addictive, although not even close as opiates are. The other option is to get herbal alternative for helping you to sleep and to start taking them in time because they are milder, even though they can become effective over time. Most common is Valerian root - it's the plant they extracted all barbiturates and other stuff from. It's biggest benefit is that it's not addictive. It's still not going to be completely painless, but it might help you some.