I was so tired of changing pain meds I said NO MORE.  Have 2 specialists I trust and they both told me to go on Methadone. So I went from Opana ER and Opana 360mgs - down to 280mgs Opana, then to 120 mgs of Methadone - all in about 1 1/2 yrs.  It wasn't pretty going from the 280mgs Opana's to 120 Methadone (1/2 the strength).

Okay-been on it about 6 mos. on Methadone. Down from 12-10 mg pills/day to 8 pills a day. What is the FASTEST WAY TO GET OFF THIS c**p? I do have Clonzapam (generic Klonopin) - which is the last thing I'll get off then I'm done - but don't know if at 80 mgs/day I can still go down 20mgs/every 3 weeks like I've been doing....  So damn tired all the time - got to get a life.  All I do is sit in my room alone all day.... Meditation and prayer and healing is all I do.  Lost 55 pounds and never looked better - but who in the hell cares when you're just sitting around WAITING FOR ??????????

Decided tomorrow I was cutting it back to 6/day - taking 2 more 10's away....If in a few days if I feel terrible, guess I can take 1 10 and then go back to doing it more slowly.  Everyone says to do it slowly BUT I'VE BEEN ON THE OPANA'S/Dilaudid, Fentanyl, etc. and got off all those - and some of those down to Percocets!  Most went to equivalent or higher dosages/amounts of narcotic/non-narcotic. Opana's are TWICE AS STRONG AS METHADONE  AND I'VE GONE DOWN 220MGS IN 1 MO. so why does everyone say TAKE IT SLOW??  Why can't I just stop taking 80 mgs/day?? What would happen w/Methadone that didn't happen when I dropped 220mgs. of OPANA????????? AND I just got on 2 mgs. Conzapam - 2 mgs/6 hrs. because Xanax stopped working. panic attacks) which I had every single hour for over a month when I went off the Opana's - IT WAS HORRIFIC....

SO HOW QUICK AND AT WHAT DOSE (EVEN IF I HAVE TO CUT)a PILL) CAN I GO DOWN ON METHADONE?  WANT A LIFE - WASTED 20 YRS.  I'M AN ENERGY HEALER - FOUND THAT OUT BY ACCIDENT AND HAVE BEEN DOING WORK ON MYSELF. BEFORE THAT I WAS STILL IN PAIN AT 360MGS OPANA'S - SO NOW I'M DOING MUCH BETTER AND I RARELY EVEN TAKE A TYLENOL (only if my energy is too low) OR DRINK any alcohol or use sugar -  AND NEVER DID HEROIN, COCAINE OR OTHER DRUGS.  My life is a mess - not because of drugs - No one has a clue - but because of Stress and a marriage that's gone down the hill....so want to do it right - but want to DO IT NOW!

LOVE SOME INPUT - AND THANK YOU FOR READING THIS LONG THING!  COULDN'T MAKE IT BIGGER!  SORRY........ HANG IN THERE EVERYONE - I FEEL FOR YA - JUST BECAUSE HEROIN WASN'T MY DRUG OF CHOICE AND I WAS PUT ON THIS BECAUSE I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN I COULDN'T STAND UP, A DRUG IS A DRUG IS A DRUG - IT'S JUST THESE LONG ACTING DRUGS THAT ARE THROWING ME FOR A LOOP!

BE WELL!

Withdrawal from methadone is truly the worst so far as length of time and severity of WDs.GO down in 10% increments over each week .Do not go by mg. or you will get sick. What I meaan is:I,"'m on 6o mg.10% of that is 6mg. So my first week of detox,I go down to 54mg and then thenext week I subtract 10% of54(which averages out to 5mg) so the next week I take 49mg and so on. AT the end you will find there's a huge difference between 10mg and 5t mg so it's really important at that point to stick to %.If you were to just stop cold turkey you would be sick for about three monthes anyway so