So my ex bf and i dated for 2 years. we are both freshman in college and made it until end of October, but it was just to hard being at seperate schools. both of us wanted to focus on school and sports since we are both collegiate athletes.we wanted to get our footing down. well winter break, he brought the girl he had been hanging out with alot to hang out with our group. this girl went to highschool with us but none of us talked to her then. i really didnt hangout with my group of friends, if my ex and the new girl were there cuz they both hated me. the last week of winter break the girl was back at school and my ex and i messed around. my ex and i never talked since but then in march we started talking like friends again, but then he got mean so i didnt talk to him for a while. in april though he started texting me and calling me about how much he missed me and still cared about me and how unhappy he was in his relationship.(he started dating the winter break girl in february) he ended up coming down to visit, we had sex and now i fee horrible for what happend. its been 2 weeks n he still has not told her. he is just planning on telling her when school is done becasue that is when he was going to break up with her.he lied to his friends about where he splet that night, so after a week i told them n when they confrontd my ex he lied to their face. i refuses to talk to me for telling his friends.i didnt know what else to do.

Hi:
In my world...Honesty is the best policy. You may have stopped him from being so able to deceive people. He keeps going back and forth. I think you did the right thing by exposing him. He will, at some point, have a greater respect for you because you are no longer allowing him to take advantage of you and the other girl. Bravo...Hopefully this experience will help him to grow up a bit.

I really don't think that you should be with him at all. It is very clear that he was just fulling with you. I he lies to his friend about being with you, than he does not deserve you. Find someone better then him. Do not let him take advantage of you no more. He was able to cheat here, than he might be able to cheat you too.
I know you feel bad that you have been with him, but you were in a long relationship and it is not ease to forget someone just like that.

It sounds to me like he put you in a really hard position and that when you made the decision to do the right thing, it caused him to get angry. Well, he's the one who is doing something questionable, so that's not your fault. I think that it's best that you've broken up with him (if I read your post correctly) so give yourself some time to grieve the passing of the relationship and move on to better guys. Has anyone else ever been in this position?

An easier question would be..."Who has NOT been in this situation?" That is, with a person who was trying to be a player, full of dishonesty. Most of us have been in this situation more than once. The problem is, like this college guy, he probably has the appearance of a nice, all American guy. I appreciate hearing her experience because it keeps me aware. Yes, there are good, honest people out there, but we have to remember to look past the exterior. All of the posts are encouraging because it reminds us that, even though it is REALLY tough to get over a person who is in our hearts, we can do it.