Hello all! I would like opinions and responses from different people on the topic why we cheat in relationships? Is it boredom? Excitement? What does it feel like? Do you feel guilt? And when you are again with your partner, do you feel ashamed or not? Does cheating mean anything to you? If yes, what? Do you cheat on regular basis? Tell us everything from your point of view….

I may start….I used to cheat because I had no proper relationship and because I was not in love and never committed. I didn’t care about cheating and I had no regrets, everything was just fun.

When I fell in love and started committing I haven’t cheated at all but I see that many people do cheat in their relationships, even people they love. I am not saying that I don’t feel like being with someone else sometimes (like a thought) but the thought that someone may find out I was doing this behind my boyfriend’s back and that this will make him look stupid…is just killing me. I find this topic relevant…and I would love to hear different opinions and experiences.

sometimes, people cheat because their partner is pushy. or it can be for the excitement, the newness of it all. i once asked two men friends of mines..who i knew cheated behind their wives back.. though they love their wives and put them on a pedestal, . why, i asked... trying to understand their logic. both answered the same thing. they've been with their wives for so long. it was the excitement, the rush of something that they were looking for. sex had become routine with their wives. they just needed a rush..and then they'd scuttle back into their own married world, happy once more.

Hi whitedaisy! Thanks for your response! How do you feel about the topic? It is not just men that are cheating their wives for excitement! Have you ever done it, and if yes why and how have you felt about it?

My current boyfriend cheated on me three times after seven months of intense dating. He went to europe for two weeks, during which time he groped and was promiscuous with 2 different women. I had told him from the get-go that I'd never tolerate infidelity, and the moment he did, our relationship would end. He swore an infinite number of times that he would never do anything to hurt me, as he was the man that I had (and, unbelievably, still do) intend to marry. We were in a whirlwind relationship and I, in my excitement of finding my proverbial "other half" dove right in without even considering my vulnerability.

He confessed to the deed 2 weeks after it happened, upon my questioning (my coworker was best friends with one of the 'other women') at which point i ended the relationship. he eventually turned his life around after he realized the magnitude of what he had done, and we reunited. After another 9 months of dating, and endless discussions as to why the thing happened, he came to the conclusion that the whole thing was a result of the fact that he was unable to cope with the 'suffocating' relationship, and was not ready to commit to the woman that he actually did want to spend the rest of his life with, at the immature age of 18.

Extra-relationship sexual behavior is not always the result of the desire for excitement, but rather can be a manifestation of the person's desire to retain their independence from someone that they are simply not ready to dedicate every waking moment to.

* why we cheat in relationships?

I once had 3 bf at the same time cause they was all hot and cause i wanted to be with all 3 and to be honest i wasnt inlove with any of them and my friends was doing it and it was like a game that i thought would make me look cool lol i know this sounds like peer preasure and i have been there too .

* Is it boredom? Excitement?

I think it was my selfishness and it was all for fun guess excitement quilifys lol.

* What does it feel like?

It feel sneaky and hard to control like i had to try to not meet them all at same place and whatever i was always nervous that one would show up while im like on a date with the other its crazy.

* Do you feel guilt?

A little i guess

* And when you are again with your partner, do you feel ashamed or not?

To be honest i dont lol ... i guess im weird

* Does cheating mean anything to you?

I dont know ..

* Do you cheat on regular basis?

No i did it once and eventually i got caught and i didnt like the feeling i dont think id want to try that again lol

I've never cheated. But I've been tempted to be with other guys while dating someone because I felt so positive I wasn't good enough for him. So I'd just get the ending of the relationship quick so he could move on

I cheated b/c I felt that I wasn't getting what I deserved, but I was too scared to leave the relationship and be alone. I could "play the field" and see what was out there without really having to leap and take the plunge into changing.

That was then. Today, I am quite content in my relationship. I have found a mate who is stimulating on all levels and who challenges me to grow.

I cheated because I am young. I never used to feel guilt until extremely recently.

I decided I wanted to stop the charade.

I realized that I loved the guy I was with.

People cheat because they can. Simple.

I have cheated before and the reason why i cheated was the feeling of being wanted by someone else. made me feel good and pretty when i wasnt feeling that with the one i was with. I felt guilty after wards all the time i'd come home and and fight with my bf for no reason, if i could turn back time i would and i wouldnt have done it makes you feel cheap and dirty cause your the one actually getting used.

I cheated becuase I was drunk. I was passed out in a bed at a party and a girl bassicly started to molest me. When I woke up i was kissing her and she had my pants down...I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in there and showerd myself off. The next day I found myself crying at my girlfriends feet. She forgave me but I never forgave myself. I ended the relationship becuase I couldnt go on knowing that I cheated on this women I love. There are many reasons why people cheat and its wrong regardless. I think its horrible and shows signs of weakness in humans.

well i think cheating is totally wrong.. in my opinion it gives bad judgement twords further relationships. i never cheated before but sometimes i feel like my boyfriends been doing odd things behind my back and i find out different ways which make me feel guilty because i go through private materials. well anyways thats my opinion i hoped it helped.

iv cheated a few times, iv always felt bad about it but its just so easy to get into cheating really....it makes me feel better about myself knowing more than one guy likes me i guess and getting extra attention...i know its a terrible thing to do even tho many people do it and i try not to =$

The replies in this thread have irritated me to the point of opening an account just to reply.

You people are disgusting... listen to yourselves...

do you not understand what you are doing? your destroying another human being's dignity, betraying someones faith in you... not to mention your own...

if you want to sleep with someone else, please people, break up with your current partner. All of these excuses like "they make me feel pretty" or "it felt adventurous" are lame excuses for your complete inability to feel or give love.

you openly admit you have cheated and wave it off as if it was normal you are sick, you make me feel like vomiting.

Cheating shows that you dont love your partner and have no respect for them. cheating is disgusting have more respect for yourself and your partner. im in a loving engagment and me and my partner would never cheat because we love and only want each other and to have that in this day and age is special.