So I was eating a hotdog the other day and it was really hot! When I swallowed it I felt it burning my esophagus and the top of my stomach! Now when I eat it still hurts when food gets to my stomach...why can I do to feel better? Thanks, Sue

I'm afraid there is not much you can do - for now, but to adjust your diet so that you give time for the esophagus and stomach tissue to heal. Obviously, you should avoid warm food, but also don't go to the other extreme with icy cold food. Try to eat mushy, easy to swallow food for a day or two and chew everything well so that chunks of food don't irritate the burn further. And maybe you should use antacid in the evening to prevent the possibility of stomach acid irritating the burns further (the stomach acid tends to reflux to esophagus at night). But if it doesn't get better in a few days, you'll have to see the doctor.

Thank you :-) it has been 3 days now and I'm starting to feel better. Your advice was great!

You're welcome, glad I could help and watch out for the future hot dogs :D

Its been three days now and my stomach still hurts. I ate boiling spaghetti and i can't even swallow my own spit what should i do ?

Stomach burning is also referred as dyspepsia. Burning pain, burping, loss of appetite, bloating, nausea and vomiting are the main symptoms of dyspepsia. The causes of stomach burning includes: acid reflux, weak digestion, acidity, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Lactose Intolerance, Ulcers, Food allergies, Bacterial infections, Constipation, Reaction to medication and sometime stress.  

There are few home remedies to reduce stomach burning (dyspepsia).

Eat probiotics, Maintain a healthy diet, Avoid fatty foods, , soda pop,  candy, fizzy drinks, coffee, baked goods, and junk food. Notice the triggered food,limit your food intake; excess of food may cause acidity, Exercise; helps in reducing stress level, Avoid spicy and oily foods, Don’t smoke and drink.

You should consult to a doctor if the problem persists for a long time.

Hope this helps you. Good Luck.

Thanks i followed your advice and i feel a little bit better I'm drinking milk mostly and its working