I have been diagnoised with acid reflux, but in the last three months or so, I have had severe stomach pain after eating foods from the grill. It has been from chicken to beef. No matter it has just come from the grill. Not a good thing. I love grilled foods and consider them to be healthier.
What could this be coming from?

Actually, grilled foods are very unhealthy. Grilling your food creates carcinogens on the food which can lead to cancer, specifically colon cancer.

I'm not trying to scare you, but I am saying that perhaps the carcinogens or the way the food is cooked, which is very hard on the body, may be disrupting your digestion. You'd probably do best without eating grilled foods.

If you want to continue to eat the food, you can talk to the doctor who diagnosed you with acid reflux.

The meat may not have been cooked fully well. It is always best to be cautious of where you eat. Also, eating foods that are high in fat and difficult to digest may cause stomach problems.

I also have the same problem. I will tell you what I did to fix it...Clean the grill or get a new one.

Do not burn off the grill then you use it. I have to bring in the grates off of the grill every single time and wash and clean them very well. If you have an older grill you might want to try cleaning off the grates with oven cleaner before washing them. I even have trouble eating grilled food out at places that smoke or grill there meat, but since I have been carefully cleaning mine thoroughly, I haven't had any trouble.

It is a c**p diagnosis. This is a no-brainer case! You don't have enough stomach acid (HCL), which is what breaks down protein AND kills the bacteria in the meat.

The pain comes from acid in your stomach, but not stomach acid--it is lactic acid coming from UNDIGESTED protein rotting and fermenting. The pain will go away after the stomach dumps the gassy, bacterial c**p into your small intestines. They have a workload but won't do it all to help you.

The large intestine receive the bulk of the acid and start creating chaos. If your good bacteria is there, most of the gas can be absorbed without much trouble. If not, then you have colonic spasms from the same lactic acid.

Betain HCL is the answer for me and the only real answer. I take the regular capsules with a meal. Some folks are smart and order the two-minute dissolving one available online.

You can try Apple Cider Vinegar and water to ease the pain, but the problem won't be solved--undigested protein and bacteria fermenting and causing painful gas. Apple Vinegar can calm your tummy, but it won't kill the bacteria nor dissolve the lactic buildup

Antacids will also ease the agony, but again, it won't help with the lactic acid production coming from lack of HCl. You need your body to digest protein. If you also have the same problem with carbs and fats, then there's always good digestive enzymes. However, you might not have problems digesting fats and carbs.
Source(s):
Five years educating doctors who don't know the very basics of how the body digests protein--Nutrition 101 stuff.

Too many quacks on here, I would accept the first guys comment. It is due to fat that your having the acid reflux. Your producing a lot of acid hence the reflux. Reduce the amount of grilled meats you eat in a week and you will have no problem. Reduce acidic foods too especially if you know you will eat grilled food in a day or so. Step up your water, vegetables and whole grain food. Reduce alcohol, red meat, grilled meat, sodas juices and baked goods.

From WebMD: "Betaine hydrochloride has an interesting history. Betaine hydrochloride used to be included in over-the-counter (OTC) products as a “stomach acidifier and digestive aid.” But a federal law that went into effect in 1993 banned betaine hydrochloride from use in OTC products because there wasn’t enough evidence to classify it “generally recognized as safe and effective.” Betaine hydrochloride is now available only as a dietary supplement whose purity and strength can vary. Promoters still claim that some health conditions are due to inadequate stomach acid, but this claim has not been proven. Even if it were true, betaine hydrochloride wouldn’t help. It only delivers hydrochloric acid but does not itself alter stomach acidity."