My throat problems started in January, after i'd been in hospital. While i was there i couldn't stop vomiting, the nurses said what i was bringing up was reflux. For five months i felt like there was a lump in my throat and i had difficulty swallowing. I still have trouble swallowing but now my throat feels really tight. Also the left side of my throat sometimes aches. I've been to four doctors and have had a blood test but they don't think it's anything serious. I think its serious. It feels serious. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Did you get any medication for a more long term use after this hospitalization? Or any diagnosis or explanation as to why this was happening? Because, if it indeed was acid reflex, it seems like you need something to control the acidity of your stomach and that way stomach acid that reflexes (rises) up to your esophagus and throat and cause irritation and pain. SO, what I'm saying is that this sounds like GERD, but depending on what was discovered when you were at the hospital it might be some other stomach- disturbing condition that has effects on stomach acidity.

Hi, I suffer from reflux too and sometimes when it acts up I have a weird sensation on my right side of throat. Mine feels like a cooling sensation sometimes tha is painful to a degree. I also had trouble swallowing/ scared to swallow and most of that is gone sine tonsillectomy but what it sounds like is bad reflux problems. I'm not sure about the tightness feeling, but it could possibly be the acid reflux or scar tissue/ damage to the esophagus. It is a horrible condition :(