Hi there. Last week friday i did a spot on pregnancy test that came out positive but the one line was very very faint my boyfriend couldn't see the line at first. i also had the test at the pharmacy for other opinions as they also said they can see the line and that it is positive no matter how light the second line is it is there and the reason for being so faint is that i am very early in the pregnancy. yesterday i went for a blood test nd it came out negative? Can i still be that early that a blood test couldn't pick it up yet? please help me with this i am really broken up about this I already believed the home pregnancy test :-(

Hi Dolphin,

When was your period due?

The urine test does not indicate "how" pregnant you are.  It only reacts to the presence of hCG, the "pregnancy" hormone. 

A faint result is invalid, a bad test.

The test should be clear with no ambiguity.  That your boyfriend couldn't see it tells me it was extremely faint. 

Retest with you WAKE UP pee.  It will give you the best accuracy.  Sometimes the urine tests can react quicker than a blood test.

Hope it helps.

Health Guru
Hi, well I always thought that blood tests was more reliable for picking up pregnancies earliest maybe I'm wrong.
How far into the pregnancy do you think you could be?

I am not sure on how far into it.  last month i only had a bit of drops as my period was m.i.a. Medic- invalid is if there isn't any line as far as i know but there was one dark one and one faint.

It should be CLEAR Dolphin. You shouldn't have to guess if you're pregnant.

Also, use a different brand. They all have different levels of sensitivity.