I am 5 days late as of today, last night I took a hpt and got a VERY faint positive. Tested this morning with 2nd urine of day and negative. I have swollen heavy breast, nausea, breakouts, back pain, and lower back pain. I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks on May 8th but then started my period on time in June. Any advice is appreciated! My husband and I have been TTC for 2 years and until I had ovarian drilling and dnc in January it would have been nearly impossible I now have the go ahead from my doctor!

Hi guest,

A faint positive is NOT valid.  The tests don't work that way.  It's either positive or negative and it should be clear.  The test only reacts to the presence of hCG, the pregnancy hormone.  It does NOT indicate "how" pregnant you are.

Retest.  Use ONLY your first morning urine as it is more concentrated so more likely to give you an accurate result.  It's not how much urine you have, it's the concentration.  Don't drink a lot of fluids before hand.

Good luck.

Hi Guest, I had a faint positive when I tested at my doctors and she just sent me for a blood test for the confirmation. Like Medic-Dan says, retest with your FIRST pee of the day as it is not diluted and is concentrated with HCG hormone, it's your most accurate result time of day. Don't use a dollar store brand as some of those tests are past date which is why they sell and get them so cheap. Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

Hi Guest,

Any 2nd line, no matter how faint if you can see it then its positive. Im a day late for mine but not testing yet. I hope this works out for you.