well i was suppose to get my period on the 20th and i thought i did but i only bled for that day and there was hardly anything and i havent bled since and its been 4 days.. my periods usually last 3-4 days but i havent had anything just that one day. so i took a pregnancy test and it was a very faint line for negative.. but i dont know what i should do. or if its even normal to have a period that lasts for a day.. some one please help and tell me if its okay to have it or bad.. and what it means when you do get it..

If your period is different, and yours appears to be from what you are used, to then testing is a good idea.

Take another test, perhaps a different brand.  There should be no question as to whether it is positive or negative.
Did you use your first morning urine?  Did you follow all the directions carefully, especially times? 

If still negative wait until 7-10 days PAST your expected period due date and repeat the test.  By then, if you are pregnant, you should have a positive result.

Testing early can result in a false negative.  False positives are very uncommon.

i did follow all of the directions and i did use first morning urine.. but when should i take another one if i took one this morning? and with it being the one day of bleeding could that be considered as my period, or implatation bleeding kinda thing. but ive been feeling really nausea i dont throw up but i get that really sick to my stomach feeling..thank you so much for your help to.. im just really confused right now..

Implantation bleeding is usually very light spotting.  The timing is what is making this confusing.  Usually it starts a little before your period is due.

You could take another test now if you want.  The test should not leave any doubts, it needs to be clear, pregnant or not.  Nausea by itself does not indicate pregnancy and it is very early for any symptoms such as morning sickness.

Try another test.  If still in doubt you could see your doctor for a blood test.

Keep us posted, good luck.

well i took another test and it came up negative.. but im still confused about the one day period is it normal? or what causes women to have periods for one day?