I took a pg test yesterday and it came up a faint positive right away.  Later I took one and it said -.  My period isn't due for another 9 days.  Could I be pregnant, or was is a false negative.

My breasts are slightly larger and more tender. And I am extremely tired, more so than usual, and more than if my af was coming.  I also have lower back pain.

Any help would be good.  Thank you in advance

Hi Waiting,

When you do take a pregnancy test always use your first morning urine.  Why?  Because it is more concentrated and more likely to give you an accurate result.

A "faint" positive is an invalid result.  The tests don't work that way.  They either detect hCG or they don't.  That's it.  It doesn't matter how far along you are, if there is enough hCG to read positive it turns.  Test again.

Also, you need to wait at least 2, preferably 3, weeks after having sex before they become accurate.

Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.

I'm sorry, but that I know for sure. My last pregnancy I tested early and it started our as a positive that was there but faint.
I called Telehealth and they said because its early and depending on the time of day I tested it can turn out this way, and to test a few days later in the morning.

Faint is not a positive, regardless of what Telehealth says but I won't argue the point.

Good luck.