Hi I really need some help I'm in a horrible situation that i wouldn't wish upon anyone basically me and my boyfriend slept together on December 22 2012 , on the 25 I had a bleed which now didnt seem normal and only lasted 3-4 days at the time didn't think of any thing . Me and my boyfriend went in a break n I slept with someone else on the 4th on January 2013 I done a test on the 31st of January were it said I was 5weeks pregnant my due date is the 27th of September .. And I don't know who the father is please help

My best guess and honest opinion is that your baby's daddy is your bf.  Sleeping with someone on the 4th of Jan and getting a positive result at the end of the month is stretching a bit, chances are you slept with your bf during your fertile time and had implantation bleeding around Xmas time.  What does your ultrasound results say for how far along your are?  Have you shared with your bf that you slept with someone else during your split?  Are you with your bf now, the baby's daddy?

BTW Congratulations!

Hi Guest,

Did you expect a period around 25 December?

Having sex 3 days before your period it is very unlikely you'd get pregnant.  You would be near your lowest fertility.  Did you have sex at any other time in December?

Assuming your period was "normal" then you'd likely next ovulate between 5 and 10 January.  Sperm can survive about 5 days.  The egg is viable about 48 hours after ovulation.  4 January would likely be about perfect.

An ultrasound on 31 January would indicate 5 weeks - even if you conceived between 5-10 January.  Doctors base dates on your LMP.

Without more information it appears "someone else" is the father.  A DNA test can confirm.

To add: a pregnancy test can read accurately as soon as 2 weeks after having sex. 

Yeah the "boyfriend " knows the whole situation ,, right now I'm 26weeks .. I spoke to my midwife and she reconds it could of been a implantation bleed aswel but I'm so confused and totally unsure :( @lizardqueen420

Well, one reason for this guess is that my daughter was conceived around that time, this year will be 3 years ago. If you conceived in Jan you would have had an Oct as a due date which is why I guess your bf, I conceived the beginning of Jan and my daughters due date was beginning of Oct of course she was over due as most babies are prone to do but this is why my "best guess and honest opinion". Hope it helped and good luck

Oh yeah that totally makes sense .. omg thank you so much yu have really helped me Im so great full :).. Do yu think I should still do a DNA test once bby is born just to be sure ? @lizardqueen420

Take the DNA test, you will need it.

"Someone else" is the likely father, not the boyfriend. The facts don't support it being the boyfriend and the dates don't work. Dates are based upon your LMP, not when conception occurs. September 27 is 9 months from your last period.

Implantation bleeding would have been "spotting." It is very light, no pad needed. Not all women have it.

Sorry I'm not giving you the answer you want.

It really wouldn't hurt, but explain to bf and ask him what HE wants to do. This shows trust and honesty in your part and that you are leaving that up to him while of course letting him know that you are all for it (DNA testing). I know the other poster is going by facts (and his medical background) but my own personal experience is what I am basing this one by - so this time YOU are the judge. Maybe show him these posts and let him decide from there as well?

Sorry Medic-Dan I'm disagreeing with, I'm just going by my own experience with this one and we'll just agree to disagree?

No worries Lizardqueen, that's the beauty of this forum. Different responses from different experiences.

I just have to caution that even the due date is not exact. Babies come when they are ready and it isn't always at 9 months.

Good luck Guest.