I've had a number of dreams, where I am female. Almost all of them happen in my childhood, and nothing big has changed, except I am female. Recently, I dreamed I had a vagina, between my anus and penis, and it was so real, I actually had to check. In all of those dreams, it didn't feel odd that I was a girl, might've actually felt better.
Male, 16, have no sense of "being in the wrong body", as far as I'm aware. (Not overly intelligent, when it comes to emotions.)

So, the question, should I look further into it, or should I shrug it off as a weird dream, and not think more about it?

Sounds like you may have had some lucid dreams. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

I wasn't in control, nor did I realise I was dreaming. Aren't those the, eh, requirements for lucid dreams?

I think it's great that you are having dreams where you are comfortable in your own body. Every single man on this planet has had at least one dream where he's a woman, and I suspect the opposite is true as well. If you were actually transsexual, then you would certainly feel uncomfortable in your own body. You would probably fantasize about having a vagina and even try adopting gender roles of women. These are just dreams. Dreams don't mean any repressed desires. And thank goodness they don't!

Well, that's good to know. Pretty much answered my question. (Even though I was kinda hoping it was a repressed urge... 8-| )

A believer in reincarnation might interpret this as past life regression.

WHOA. I found this website because I was looking into the same thing that happened to the author! Between my anus and penis I had a vagina in my dream. I know for sure because it was the only thing i remembered from my dream. I remember sliding my fingers inside of it. how effing weird is that? i also remember feeling very feminine in my dream. i have a lot of self esteem issues with my body. i am extremely tall, 6foot5, only 155lbs. basically I am scrawny and get masculine anxiety from that and women have always expressed my inadequacies nicely or meanly. i feel like ive been getting uglier and women stopped checking my out over the last couple years and now I am lonely and too scared to go out on a limb. been rejected several times. then i get weird dreams like this. i feel like i dont really have a sexuality either... porn is so boring i barely use it anymore, and i think it has really messed me up inside with this bizarreness and evils of the internet porn world for porn addicts. its polluted my brain, seriously it has. i need a new life! its sad! ? :-(

You feel you need a new life because this one is unsatisfying. This is because you have not yet seen the positive things in your life. Your body is but one part of you. Nevertheless it is part of you. Let go of the desire for change. Let go of your desire for a "new life." When you start to accept that your body will be attractive to some (stop thinking about WHO and just realize that there are), and unattractive to others (stop thinking about all those times when someone has made you feel inadequate). You are beautiful. When you realize that, your personality will glow and people will see it. You do have a sexuality, but your anxiety about your physical appearance leads you to repress it. Allow yourself to love, and happiness will find you. The first step on this path is the hardest part, because you have to realize that you are in control of where you decide to go.