Hi there im an 18 year old boy soon to b 19 I recently give up weed purely cos I was getting chest pains i though it was to do with the fact that i started on my 13th birthday and 5 nearly 6 years of abuse was getting to me turns out its mucels but It scared the life out of me any way 3 days into giving up I had my 1st panic attack and that really hit me hard nothing felt the same after like most people I thought I was dieing now everything feels wired but two days later I started feeling normal again and it was nice I got a job interview and got the job YES.u might think that was on the 7th day of giving up I started today witch is the 9th day but this morning I had another 1 so I had to ring you he boss and tell him I couldnt come in on my 1st day now I dont think I can go in at all.and its reall getting me because I used to wok there I no all the people there but still the thought of going in petrified me I just don feel like my life is ever gonna be normal again and this is all because I have given up weed after my 1st panic attack I had about 3 pulls of my brothers joint and I just freaked out and had to go sleep b4 I had another 1 so its not like I can just smoke weed again to stop em please just need advice if any 1 else has gone thru the same thing I dont want it to control my life And please dont say smoke weed again this is serious I cant be bothered with jokers

my boyfriend was going through the same thing, he stopped & he was also gtting panic attacks, but they will go away, He had been smocking for 7 years, & now he is doing so much better, he has so much energy & better health(= Good-Luck, I know it's hard, but you are doing the right thing, you have to go through the rain to see the rainbow...:-D

I know its different for every person but how long b4 he was so to say normal
And thanks little things like this really do help

After stop weed panic attacks are normal. It´s horrible. I used to smoke a lot everyday and i couldn´t stop cold turkey, so i´m cutting down since a long time and always comes the waves of panic and many other symptoms. But when i stopped cold turkey for more than 10 days in the past the panic attacks were big and strange, a mental state of fear.

You are winner choosing to stop smoking weed. It´s hard but we need to quit. The panic will go away with time, your body have a lot of toxins glued in the fat cells yet. With time your body will clean your system and the effects of withdrawals will go away in waves.

Good Luck and remember: you are not alone!

Thank u for the quick response im gonna use this as a diary so to say I havent had a panic attack to day but that might be cos I have slept for 16 hours.i have done some research and found out im 2 stone under waight so im force feeding my self in the hope I replace the little fat cells I have with fresh ones but back to the panic attacks I had a funny turn not long after I got up but managed to control it just b4 it went into a full blown panic qttack wish I could every time tho and iv spoken to my boss and h said sort your self out and your jobs here when your ready witch is a huge waight off my shoulders but hay im just taking it day by day

And just so I can get a ruff goal how long dose it normally take to get it all out my system

Depends of how much THC you used and how long time you´ve been smoking. But don´t keep your mind in it. Take your mind out of this. When you have a panic so you can remember what´s going on and you know that will pass like a wave. Use the knowledge to help when you feel out of control but don´t think about weed or the panic you didn´t have yet or how long will it take to leave you body. If you want some idea of how long you will be close to normal, I Think that after 3 months. It is different for everyone, i don´t know you level of intoxication. But in the second month you will be better and after the third your body will be considerable clean. Remaining residues will continue to do significant symptoms only if you are, or were a heavy smoke of high grade stuff.

Good luck again 

Bird

Hay people its been 13 days now and I feel great even my dads mates that dont even no me have said I look fresher and now I dont feel so run down and to top it off I havent had annother panic attack.i even went out yesterday with my mate to the snooker hall I felt a bit funny at 1st but half hour later I was fine and enjoyed my self they even smoked a joint next to me and I can honestly say it smelt haorrible so now I can understand when my mum used to get the ump with the smelll so for that sorry mum.thank you every 1 who has commented it has all helped taking it day by day and its only getting easyer :) im so happy with myself that I can be around it and not want some once again thank u every one ill kee posting and let u no how im getting on

Onje pop