hey, im 19 years old and as i was growing up i always had 1 major issue in life. i was always very angry person. i would get mad at every simple and dumb things athat arent even worth getting stressed and mad about. 

over the past few years, i have been in fact smoking weed. it started of on smoking on only occasion and it esculated to a point where i smoke almost every day of my life if anything a few times a day. and when i smoke, i smoke a lot. i heard from a therapist that smoking weed gets you more aggrivated and gets you more nervous then you usually get. i am really not happy with the way i am cause im in a situation of loosing the girl i love most and as much as i try and say i will become better i dont. my temper always overcomes me and i dont know how to manage it. what im asking is, does marijuana make someone who already has a bad temper and a bad anger problem even more nervose and more stressted out then they aleady are? 

It's commonly known that smoking weed increases anxiety for many people. (Perhaps what you are calling feeling "even more nervous".) That can be expressed as an inability to sit still when stoned, and feeling like you have to get up and do something - putz around the house, even cleaning - to work off the edginess of the anxiety. Weed does produce some physiological reactions that are not mellow - including increasing heart rate - which can also trigger anxiety.

But increasing anger? Not that I'm aware of. And you mentioned that anger has been a problem you have been dealing with for quite a while - stoned or not stoned. If you are already having serious problems handling feelings of anger it might be triggered by many things, and just feeling the extra anxiety from smoking may be enough of a trigger for the anger to come out.

Don't know the reason why you are smoking at your current level. But I would caution you to not be trying to bury your feelings under drugs. It never works.

Yes, from my experience it does lower stress tolerance even though sometimes it appears to calm you down temporaly. And when you run out it gets even worse. However, i'm a very heavy smoker. I think the people who aren't and smoke moderate don't have that kind of experience. Ever try medatation. There are guided meditations all over youtube. Its not an overnite fix, but you can reduce the anger issues a little in a short time. I haven't been medatating long enough to know the long term effects of medatation, but i'm satified with my results for doing it thre months so far.

Shrinks bury feelings all the time with drugs in which we all know are far more harmful than marijuana. It actually works quite differently for me. I have extensive anger issues. I am bi-polar/ manic depressive and I actually self medicate using marijuana daily on a regular basis. I turn into the devil without it much like a person who hasn't taken their psych meds. I lean a little to the left on the subject, however mainly because different things effect different people in different ways. Other medications commonly prescribed by doctors for my same diagnosed issues have far worse side effects than marijuana ever could. Like thoughts of suicide, conscious blackouts, weight gain, further depression, ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION... I could go for on for days. Marijuana side effects... Anyone? Hmmmm. Didn't think so. As far as increasing anger, in my experience increased anger is a result of not having weed to smoke Vs smoking. but as previously stated, Different things effect different people in different ways. You will never find the answer to your question...

Usherr yes I smoked High Potency chronic (Skunk) although that is one strain for 20 years. I am the most violent dangerous person to be around I know criminals who give me a wide berth so yes it can do that. As Nobod's right will tell you it  does one thing to one person and another to someone else. As the hit wore off ie I no longer  got high I started getting really angry as I smoked more of it. The funny thing is I might have an autoimmune disease called Lupus and cannabis suppresses  the body's immune system so in one hand it made me angry and in another it has probably saved my life so I am not willing to right it off as evil. Go to a doctor  find out if you have any dis-orders but one thing is for sure life expectancy is reduced for anyone smoking anything. One of the safest ways to consume cannabis is via a vapouriser and if you don't like that smoke it in a rizzla WITHOUT TOBACCO.>;)

Yes it absolutely does! If anyone tries to tell you it doesn't it's because they're silly. I am an extremely patient and pleasent person to be around and it takes a lot for me to get upset most of the time, but after I smoked regularly for about a week (been a smoker for a while but I got into it heavily) I became so angry at times and I couldn't control the way i was feeling and I knew that something was wrong. I stopped smoking about 2 weeks ago and I now feel like I'm back to normal and there are no more depression feelings or temper flares. I think that it is pretty damn coincidental that emotional flares stopped after I quit smoking, so that has to be why. i have also read many other places about people with the same issues. Just stop doing it, it isn't worth it. Or maybe just do it on the weekends but not heavily.

Seriously anyone who reads this  needs to realise that you actually googled, anger and cannabis together! Why? 

My partner of 14 years has changed drastically over the years, I have watched him turn into a Jekyll and Hyde character.  if I had only known then what I know now....

We have 2 beautiful children, and now and again we have a loving fantastic relationship until he blows! When he goes he is scary, he has no sense or logic. He is just angry, nothing that is said to him calms him, he then has to go away for hours blaming everyone else for his anger! To be honest it's quite pathetic to hear!  Once he is calm he may say sorry but most of the time he shifts the blame. I guess it makes him feel less guilty for shouting at me and the kids for spilling a drink or something  silly like that. The tantrums he throws stirke me as that of a child not yet leanred self control. Stomping around, shouting and really quite nasty. No holds barred. Whatever he thinks will hurt he yells.

I now most spend my life kissing is derrière to try and keep peace. Not the life choice I thought I had picked, one day my kids will be older and if nothing changes I will be out of here like a shot!

He used be a loving, kind and considerate man and he was a great dad, now is sort of an OK dad and as a partner well he is terrible! Maybe he just doesn't want me and is blocking that, in time he will get his wish if that's what he wants! We chose to have our children and he isn't getting out of being a parent.  BUT for now weed comes first, he spends most of his evening smoking whilst we are watching TV. as well as smoking it all day, even during work hours. How bad is that. He has allowed it to impact on is every waking hour! But he doesn't need it hahahaha. That would be funny if I hadn't heard it 1000 times Or if this wasn't my sad little story!

I have seen other families fall because of this drug, don't down play it, it's very clever.

believe me when I say I t takes your mind slowly but surely.  I ask my husband can you remember when...nope he never can recall the little memories of our kids, all gone. Research suggests the memory part of the brain is damaged sometimes permanently and I absolutely 100% believe it because I know for that my husband remembers nothing. It's crazy, he misses appointments for Drs, eye exam. When he is off work he is constantly stoned! He wasn't always like this but as the years have gone by its gradually got Worse. He has quit more times than I can count for days, sometimes weeks and months.....and now it's all rubbish what comes out of his mouth. He is going to cut down, but he doesn't, he is going to quit tomorrow...sadly tomorrow never comes! I believe he has all the best intentions in the world some of the time but other times he says what he thinks I want to hear, when he has argued and is kissing my backside, usually if he as been rather cruel that is! mostly I get told to eff off, 

My advice to anyone, Don't walk the same path he did, it's utterly horrendous at times, even when these times are supposed to be the happiest! They are ruined because the one you loved more than life itself has turned out to be a person you never thought they were! 

And lies oh my goodness the lies are ridiculous about the silliest things, but that's trust ruined!

So what are your thoughts now, are you asking yourself why I am here? 

Here is my answer. 

I have 2 beautiful children who I adore. And for the most part, their life is very good and I wouldn't  take them away from it. From a sensible point of view,  I gave up my career to look after my children we didn't want them to be at home without a parent! So I have no income of my own I have been at home for 12 years. My qualifications have dried up and withered away like the Flower in a vase with no water! (Poor me;).... However he as managed to make a good career path and my children are well provided for.  I now am about to embark on a journey that will hopefully reestablish me, myself and I. Who is that, who am I Anymore??? I feel I need to reeducate myself to move forward, if for some miracle my husband comes back to some form of normal then my self establishing will simply be an exercise to develop me as a person. Should it come to what I am expecting then it's a bonus. 

would I re write history if could, yes. But I would only take away the weed! M

Yea I've struggled with so much anxiety depression and anger that i avoid people cuz im ashamed of how I've acted it really sucks having anger and not knowing what to do with it

Has anyone thought that hey maybe you have a psychological problem and that maybe just maybe you would be that same f*****g prick even if you didnt smoke. I have lived around pot smokers for 18 years now all over the country and never ever have I heard someone say they were angry because they smoked to much weed!

Your husband has problems. Not smoking weed problems. maybe he is putting something in his weed and not telling you. When was the last time you saw a stoned person raging out besides your husband? Read my guest post at the bottom under Shanes post!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivr never seen a person who smokes weed angry or violate all chilled out down to earth people but o have seen people who try to quick get angry

Thank you for writing this. I am a father and a husband on the same track. I hate that I let it get this bad, and I actually thought my wife wrote your post. Except for a few details it's the same life I live. I'm done ...I love my wife and kids and I won't loose them like this. Thanks again, I hope your husband made the same choice.

Ditto! My life is a mirror of yours :-(

God that sounds like me im horrible to my wife and kids sometimes to i find it hard to control my self and then blame uthers i get very angry at little things to i smoke weed to not as much in the day as your hubby thow. Your post was scary to read im terrified my wife will leave me ive smoked daily for 30 years and today is day 2 without weed i feel a bit weird and dissy but im really happy i have decided to stop and see if im better without the weed its bean eazy sofar which is a bit strange i do feel carmer already. thanks for your post it really make me think about what im doing to my famaly bless you x

You know I Googled this because I think that the mj has been effecting my my anger issues as well. Yes I had them before but since now I smoke daily I feel like I'm more angrier than I should be. No not when I'm high but when I'm coming down from it is when I feel it. When I'm high, not high or haven't smoked I feel pretty good. It's the come down that seems like I'm in a manic stage of anger and I get mad at everyone and anyone for no reason it's like my senses are still heightened but there is no calm. Yes I have anger issues anyways and I started smoking more to help that but now that I'm looking at it, the mj makes me think it's one of the triggers because of how irritable I get on the come down. I rather smoke than take pills any day but I really think that there must be a better alternative. Maybe hard core working out and some yoga but I can feel where you think it is marijuana