In April of dating year I started dating my current boyfriend. I am an 18 year old male, who is happy being gay. That's not the concern, my concern is I knowingly exposed myself to someone who is HIV positive. My boyfriend is 20, and has known he has HIV for a year now. When me and him started dating he told me he was positive before we first had sex. For whatever reasons being I decided to have unprotected sex with him, and now I am in "wait" mode until the day comes when that 15 min HIV test comes back positive. I used to get very angry at my man for getting HIV from his past precarious sex life, but when I think about it, am I not the same as him? The only difference is he slept around and got it because the guy didn't tell him, I'm glad he at least made me aware. I believe I have found my life partner, i have never had this deep of a connection with any other person in my life. Like all relationships we have had our struggles. I can't tell what tomorrow will bring but I'm comfortable where I'm at. Would anyone else put themselves in this situation? Or is anyone going through a similar situation?

Hello no. And if he cared so much about you he would not have let you put yourself at risk!

I thought that to at first, but we are planning to get married, and good news, they are talking about being on the verge for a cure to HIV :) I know what you mean though it was careless and wreck less on both our parts to have not protected ourselves.

Nobody and nothing is worth your life!  He knows how devastating it was to be found positive and subjected you to the same devastation????  Seriously???  Use your head, use protection.  If you don't think of yourself, think of your family, they would be devastated!  Don't take anymore chances, maybe you dodged the bullit!

Let me rephrase...there is NO safe sex with a HIV positive partner...

I don't know why gays think of HIV as this rite of passage. Imagine if you had a partner that knowingly gave you leprosy, or tularemia, or smallpox, how loving would you feel towards them then?

Get some psychiatric help!

There never has been and never will be a CURE to ANY virus! Remember the common cold??? Been around since water...no cure, it either kills you or it dies off...nobody outlives HIV!