hey guys. let me cut to the chase. I'm 18 and I just finished my freshman year of college. I had a panic attack a few weeks ago after smoking weed and I had a period of depersonilization after the episode that lasted about a week. I then got better and felt normal again for about two or so weeks. then three or four days ago the strange feelings hit me again out of no where. I decided to get bus tickets home from school that same night. since I've been back I've been feeling really weird. the feeling changes day to day and I've been spending a lot of time in my head. now things feel dreamlike and it's really burdening me mentally. does this kind of thing happen to other people? do people generally return to a dissociative disorder after recovering? is this kind of thing permanent? any response would be really appreciated

How are you feeling now? Any better?

Well the way I feel changes on almost a daily basis. I can definitely function more comfortably than I could when this thing first started back up again, which was about 2 and a half weeks ago. But I still spend a lot of time in my head, and its very annoying. I spend a lot of time kinda observing myself and thinking in these repetitive, pessimistic thought patterns. I have had a few very-brief moments lately where I feel almost normal, but overall I would still say the depersonalization is still here. It's actually really bothering me right now lol its funny that I saw a notification for this as soon as I came home. Thanks for your concern. I appreciate all the support I can get. I just want to feel comfortable again

Are you having anxiety as well? Keep me posted on how you're doing.  Hope you're feeling better :)

The anxiety I feel is just a result of the depersonalization I think. The anxiety is focused mainly on me worrying if I'll be better again and from all the questioning depersonalization makes me do--like all these questions about life, reality, existence, etc, you know. I felt somewhat better today, just a little, but I still have these intrusive, repetitive DP thoughts. Someone did tell me though that something called "cognitive behavioral therapy," or CBT, could help. I'll give it a shot I guess, once I find out more about it

Have you tried CBT yet?  Hope you're feeling better :)

nah I haven't. I don't really know how to go about it. I have taken other advice and behavioral tips though, but sadly I still feel dp all the time.. I do normal stuff like work, hang out with friends, etc, so I am still experiencing the world, which is what people advise for this kind of thing.. But as much as I try, nothing makes it better..