i was smoking pot with a friend and my boyfriend. we have done it in th past and i had never experienced anything like this. it was all normal, and then i had to look for something in the glovebox of the car. suddenly i felt overwhelmed by the noise. soft noises were intense and scary. it was all overwhelming so i got out of the car. i walked a few steps and the sound of a passing truck - a fair distance away - was extremely frightening and overwhelming. i got back in the car and was driven home, the whole time in a state of utter fear. i told my mum what happened and she took my heart rate - she is a nurse. it was 150 beats per minute. my body was shaking uncontrollably and i vomited in the toilet. all the while noises were still overwhelming and intense - even the softest of sounds. my home looked strange and abnormal, my heart was racing and pumping so hard i could feel it through my body. my legs shook non-stop. the whole time through this experience i felt as if i was going to die, i thought i was going to have a heart attack and could not control my breathing for longer than a minute. i have smoked weed in the past and never had that feeling, not even in the slightest of ways. that happened last night and this morning i woke up extremely early - i still feel light headed and over anxious. the scariest thing was the intense fear of noise and every sound seeming louder and louder and overly intense. please - has anyone had an experience like this? it would be really reassuring, thanks.

Hi:
It sounds like you got a hold of some bad marijuana. It sounds like it was laced with some other drug. If none of your friends who were smoking with you had the same symptoms, I would be questioning why you were the only one who had these results. This is a risk with drug use. If the symptoms continue, you should seek medical attention. I hope that you find answers soon. Please let us know how you are doing. Take care of yourself.

With marijuana, it is possible that you can have a panic attack while you're on it. To me, it sounds pretty likely that you had one. It depends on if your friends also had issues while smoking, but a lot of people do not realize the anxiety issues related to smoking marijuana. Please bear in mind that the best way to avoid this is to stop smoking for awhile, because your symptoms can worsen. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

i fully agree with dsdesk. i have had instances where i have experienced panic attacks, but more to the degree of an "information overload" feeling; i just started to think about every possible problem/issue i have been attempting to deal with in life, and my mind was racing faster than ever. you probably were having an extremely bad trip, whilst on the cusp of "greening out" (having smoked too much in one sitting, causing you to feel very sick/nauseated) as well.

Hi:
It's been a couple of days now. How are you feeling? Have you decided to continue smoking? If so, have you had the same symptoms? Did you find out if the marijuana you smoked was laced with anything? Did any of the other people have the same experiences, but just didn't share with you? With the information in the posts, have you reconsidered your use of marijuana all together? Please let us know your thoughts now. We will be anxious to hear. Also, did you decided to consult a medical professional? Why or why not? I hope that you are doing ok.

i had the same feeling today i felt like my body was goin numb and i was seeing black i thought i might die if i went to sleep and it didnt help that many people have been dieing in my family and i sat through a discussion about dieing while i was greening out i drank some water and puked in the toliet it was probably one of the most scariest moments of my life i smoke weed everyday and this has never happened to me but the best thing to do when greening out is to drink water maybe even go take a shower to less intensify ur high cause it does make u more lightheaded and more prone to fainting. the lack of iron in the body is another reason and may mean u r anemic lacking iron and can faint easily i watched one of my friend green out in class and now i kno how that was for him so i hav decided to take a break its bound to happen when all u do is drink and smoke weed especially with the 30 + weather in canada right now its crazy

whats goodie...the same sh*t happend 2 me and ive been pissed off ever since bcuz i LOVE weed. after reading these post and understanding the fact that i am not alone. i feel the water drinking and taking a small break from weed is prolly the best thing...oh yea and perhaps a multivitamin

I'm glad to hear that you've decided to give it up for now. Do you know about all the sleeping issues? It'll be a good idea for you to look into a sleeping pill so you can get past the first week or so. What do you think?

Oh my god, I was freaking out because last night the same thing happened to me. All of my friends I smoked with didn't feel the same way so I don't think it was laced all though that came to my mind. We did smoke a lot though. I kept thinking about dying and my heart was racing for 3+ hours, I was going numb in some places randomly, I was falling asleep easily as if blacking out, I felt like I had to tell myself to breath, I puked, I was seeing black sometimes, and when I fell asleep I woke up like 30 seconds later because I thought I wasn't breathing, I felt all numb when I woke up like I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I had my friend put her hand on my stomach as I fell asleep and see if I was breathing, when I woke up freaking out she said I was breathing veeerrrrryyyy softly. I don't know if I wasn't breathing or if I was just tingling/numb because I was high. By this point I said screw, I don't care if I get in trouble ( I'm at boarding school), I'm going to the infirmary. Before we left I went to stop and get some suggestions from some seniors. They let me play some video games and drink gatorade to get my mind off it. It worked but my heart was still beating pretty fast.
It is the day after and my heart feels like it has been beating fast/hard/abnormally throughout the day in random intervals. Any suggestions? I'm flipping out.

that was a panic attack to all!!! it was not laced unless your seein sh*t!! trust me been there done that. pcp , angel dust not good. an you never know what your gonna get!!

but a panci attack starts by being overwhelmed then you cant breath walk talk it takes over. you reallly think your going to die!! im on day 13 woo woo woo woo im excited. went out tuesday night to the local bar and had an axiety attack up there. freakin sucked i maaged to calm myself down

It sounds to me like you had a pretty bad experience there. It sounds like you had an anxiety attack while you were high, and that's why your heart is still beating so hard. Did you end up going to the infirmary? It sounds like anxiety for sure, and they should be able to help you there. Let me know, okay?

Hi Vangie, I'd like to hear how you're doing. It sounds like you've been quitting and it can be hard the first month. Can you give me an update?

yess i use to smoke all the time until this happened its called acute panic disorder. the best thing to do is hold a cold wash cloth over your face and breath thru it to slow down your breathing and heart rate..this happen to me and i stopped smoking for six months then tried again and was fine then 2 days later it happened again so i stopped smoking for 4 years and just started a few days ago and so far so good. they can happen at anytime so be prepared. the weed wasnt laced its just something that happens to some people..i know 3 people other than myself that this has happened to.

its me!!! 4 weeks sober!!!! i have minor panic attacks off and on still! Just small ones my brain is not use to this sober c**p yet. i take a xanex well half of a .5 everyday to every other day. my brain is alwys going like a hundred miles a minute i just wanna chill and i cant. gotta get use to it i guess. the doctors want to put me on an anti depressant but everyone they give me..makes me wig out. my eyes dilalate and wont fix. im shakey nauseuas. screw anti depressants..thats what the weed was for! all i know is ive made it this far im not giving up. i just wish i did feel normal again. i still havent gotten my appetite back.ive lost like 15 puonds which was fine except it all came from my ass!! now its flat lol!!! j/k. anyways oh and i dont have the sex drive i did either...freaking sucks. i know im putting my husband through hell but i just dont have an appetite for it either. when i was smoking i was also very ocd with cleaning and stuff since i quit i could care less about anything. i really think i need an anti depressant. but if you have been through what i have with them, you would be scard to take them too. the first two weeks were the hardest cause i had all the symptoms every single one!!!!!!!! now its just the anxiety and it sucks! how long will it last. i sit here worrying when my next one is gonna be!! i will wake up and feel anxious like literally open my eyes and i feel it coming!! it freaks me out. i just want it to stop. prayer and family is the only thing getiting me through this stupid c**p. i hope my kids never do drugs seeing what it has done to me. it just sucks! today was the first day that i woke up and felt alittle more normal didnt really have the anxiety thing. oh and going out to the bar and drinking was not a good idea at all. i almost had a break down right there in front of everyone...embarrassing!!! errrr i wish i could say six months sober and feeling great!!!

Hi vangie, it's normal! I just want to reassure you that you're doing okay and it's so hard I'm sure but you'll be fine. Unfortunately it takes time, and you can't really rush this sort of thing. Just keep us updated on how you're doing, okay?