I'm a 19 year old male. I've been a regular cigerette smoker for about a year and a half. I've tried weed 3 times in my life. The 3rd time being yesterday.
Yesterday after smoking weed with my friends, i got a TERRIBLE panic attack. My heart started to beat fast, i didnt have control over myself, i know it sounds funny, but I honestly felt like there was some devil inside me, also i was just terrified, and even felt like i was dieng.
It lasted for a few hours untill i slept. I'm awake now, I feel alot better, my heart beats normal, but i still feel a little light headed, and a little wierd. Im not sure how to explain it, but i deff feel a little different, or strange.
I've decided that i wont smoke weed again. Will this anxiety, or whatever i'm going through go away on its own?
im really scared

There is a strong possibility that the weed was spiked. It is often cut with other items to make it go further. Unless you know where this was grown, and what was used while it was growing, you won't know for sure.

Panic attacks do occur with marijuana. It does not sound funny, your description.

Give it some time to wear off. If you still don't feel well in a day or so then you should see your doctor. Tell them what happened, they won't report you or anything, they will help you. They'll probably run a basic physical exam, maybe draw some blood for tests and possibly even an EKG.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing. If you have any more concerns/questions let us know.

Good luck.

I honestly am not sure if it was spiked, or what it was. But i wasnt the only one smoking it. I was with 3 other guys, who were fine. But the diff is that I hadent smoked in a REALLY long time, whereas the other 3 guys are regular smokers.
I think i feel a little better
I'm just REALLY scared that this thing lasts permenantly
It should wear off yes? I mean i know ALOT of people that smoke weed on a daily basis, and they're all fine

It could also be as you say, the other three are regular smokers. Whatever it was, they are probably used to it.

There are different varieties of marijuana too, maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm glad you're feeling better. It will wear off, just give it some time. If you aren't feeling "normal" soon, see a doctor. OK?

Keep us posted.

I'm definitely feeling better today. The night i smoked weed (before y-day) was just insane. I was terrified of everything, barely focused, etc. Yday was better, except I was in shock, a little scared, and I felt light headed. Today i feel even better than yday, i dont feel very dizzy or anything. Just a little light headed maybe, not as bad as yday. Since im getting better by the day, that should be a sign that it should wear off completely sometime soon??
I also would like to know, untill how long after my last puff can a blood or urine test determine if i've smoked weed or not?
Bare in mind that it was the 3rd time i smoked weed in my life (i do smoke cigerettes though)

Glad you're feeling better. It does sound as though it is wearing off.

A urine test would detect traces from 3-5 days.

Hope it helps.

People claim weed is spiked WAY more than it actually is because sometimes people get anxious when smoking weed.  In reality its nothing.  Weed is pretty much the safest recreational substance.  Just tell yourself you are fine or eat a little and drink some water and you'll be fine.  Noone has ever OD'd on weed so nothing bad is going to happen to you unless police find your stash.

Hey i kind of had the same experience..i smoked this huge joint i got from a co-op and about 30 min in my heart started racing and my heart started pounding really hard and i was breathing really fast...so i layed down...over the coarse of 2 1/2 hours i would get this attacks that would last for a few min at a time then go away..the next day i had some soreness in my chest like the kind you feel if you cough to hard and i was a little light headed and dizzy...by the next day i was feeling better the soreness was gone and so was the dizzyness..but here at day 4-5 i still feel a little light headed when i walk around to much

please tell me i didn't have a heart attack

the same thing happened to me too. i assure you that you had no heart attack! i smoked an entire bowl by myself this time and i went home. the minute i closed the door to my room (which is really small btw) i started tripping out big time. my peripherals caught a glimpse of what was on t.v. and the colors completely took up most of what i saw then i looked at my room and everything was distorted and kept turning slightly to the left everytime i looked at something else. it was like alice and wonderland, one minute i was huge, the the next moment i was REALLY small. my arms started getting numb, but they were shaking and my heart was deffinately well over 200 bpm. the room was still spinning, i even remember sitting down closing my eyes but the room still moved! like how does that happen?! i was almost sure i was going to loose my life that night. i felt myself fading away from reality literally. i struggled to make any call because my weak, numb, and disoriented self could hardly manage to hold the phone or even feel it. but i did manage to call 911 minutes later and i told the dispatcher what was going on, but momentarily, my heart started slowing down assuming that talking to someone helps get a grip on reality. when i got off, my heart picked back up. until i called a friend this next time.

BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

with all the research i did, theyre saying that panic attacks in general are harmless and are natural. and if you have smoked weed, then the THC pretty much caused it when it was carried in your bloodstream. its a high dose of THC and thats what causes it. when your body isn't use to it. its allegedly harmless. but in order to have less chance of having panic attacks or none at all, either your body needs to build a tolerance, you could smoke less at one setting, or even exercise. exercising burns away the THC when you burn fat. you'll be fine. and apparently no one dies from panic attacks so ill remember that if i ever have another. that may just calm me down.

I know this is an old thread but I'll answer it in case anyone else has the same question.
I have known many people who smoked a few times or were heavy smokers for years and then they smoke and have this same reaction often explaining the exact same phrase "I felt like a demon was in me".
People will say it must have been laced with something but other people who smoked the same joint don't have that reaction.
Sometimes the anxiety goes away on it's own
Sometimes the person is severely mentally ill for the rest of their life.
Sometimes the person continues to smoke weed with no problems.
Sometimes the person quits weed for good because the experience was too scary.
There is no way to know what will happen to you.
I hope you are okay now whoever you are.

This is simply retarded anybody who smokes weed knows no one is gonna take the more expensive drugs such as meth, heroin, mdma, shrooms, acid, coke for that matter anything and sell it at the regular price as weed. In other words the only time you'll hear someone say " oh it was probably laced" is someone who simply doesn't smoke marijuana at all.