One week ago I smoked weed for the first time after 9 months and something very strange happened which had never happened before. I felt like i was going crazy, everything felt strange to touch, I was having hot/cold flushes, was dizzy, every small sound was amplified and I just remember thinking it was permenant and I had caused myself to get brain damage from weed. Eventually after about what felt like an hour I dozed off feeling like I was dying. When I woke up about 3 hours later, I was feeling 90% normal but confused as to what had happened. After much research, the symptoms matched to an anxiety attack, which is strange because I haven't had any stress and I'm a really laid back person. No one else had any symptoms from the same weed, although they did comment that it was strong. But here's the real problem, from the day after I smoked the weed until now (1 week) I've had a constant pressure feeling in my head, just behind my temples on both sides. Paracetemol and nurofen have no effect at all but then again its not really pain, but its driving me mad. Nothing I do makes it better. What's happened to me? How long will this last? I can't go to the doctor because I'm not registered and living between 2 cities. Anyone else had this problem? Feels like my head weighs a ton, i wake up in the morning praying its gone but it's still there! Help!!! Im 20 and female.

I quit 2 months ago. 3 weeks ago I started getting horrible headaches. Couldn't sleep for a week, neck pain, etc etc etc. Paranoia took over my life. I spend my day reading these forums for some type of answers! How was your experience?? I've smoked 20 years, weed and cigarettes. Quit cigarettes cold turkey 3.5 months ago. What the hell is happening to me?? Depression is pretty bad. Feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Please help

i know how you feel. the headaches feel as if your head is stuck in a vice right? it's been 2 months, give it time you'll feel better. thankfully, i've recovered from it now, although it took a good 5 months. here's what helped me which you could also try. firstly i would recommend finding a good herbalist in your area, which is what i did. after explaining my problem, she created me a herbal mixture containing from what i remember; dandilion root, skullcap, we wei zi and a few other herbs which are known for their calming effects on the nervous system. this is crucial; because your nervous system at the moment is out of wack because you stopped the weed. also camomile tea. I purchased an oil burner and used lavender oil in it every night which also helped. do research and find out what works for you. however i would say do not visit a regular doctor, chances are they will put you on antidepressants which will seriously harm you in the long term. go the natural path, that's what i did and i'm better now :) wish you all the best! nadia

Thank you so much for the info Nadia! I have been going to MJ anonymous meetings as well. My neck and shoulders started to hurt now as well. Seems like there is no end to it. If it's not the heads he it's this or both. I had visited a regular doctor and he has prescribed Ativan, Ambien and even Vicodin. I don't take the Vicodin, try to use the Ambien sparingly and try not to use the Ativan. I have been drinking gallons of water and have tried every antioxidant in the book! I feel like the withdrawals come back in waves after maybe a day or two of subsiding. The anxiety seems to be leaving but the depression is still around. Comes and goes. I feel like I will NEVER be the funny guy I used to be. My biggest fear is that I will feel like this permanently.

The reason your neck and shoulders ache is because of the tension you're experiencing from the anxiety. I know how you feel, my biggest fear was also being like that permanently.. For me I was so paranoid I thought people were following me, I used to wake up at the smallest sound and I had become so jumpy.. I slept 12 hours but still felt tired. Take my word for it, you will return to normal. That's the most important thing to realise.. Try and relax yourself the best you can, get a back/head massage to relieve some tension, try aromatherapy, eat healthy and exercise and continue drinking plenty water. Also research into juicing, you could try a 3 day juice cleanse which allows your body to detox rapidly, it's hard but worth it. Remember it's all in the mind, the mind is very powerful, but it will eventually rebalance. Have faith and patience :)

This is very reassuring to me because the exact same thing has happened to me. I have tension headaches, some good days and some bad days.. it just feels like im not completely equilibrium. For me it has been about a month but I am nervous as you were whether I actually have what you have and that it will go away or if it won't. It isn't unbearably bad but i does interfere with my motivation to do work etc. etc. Is there any other tips you could give me, i also agree about the mind thing whenever i think about it more the symptoms seem to increase but i can't help but think about it .. Very frustrating I just want to be back to normal wake up every day hoping... and even though you say patience I worry that my case is more severe. Would really apreciate some feedback thank you. god bless. P.S. Is there any medical term or condition that this goes along with or is there a way to define what is actually wrong with me????