hello, ive been smoking a blunt or more everyday since last summer. and its time to stop. i havnt smoked in 4 days and i feel like im going crazy! i feel really depressed and angry and tired. im kinda scared to admit it but i feel retarded. straight up retarded, like when i hangout with my friends i feel like i dont belong there and i feel like im doing EVERYTHING wrong.. before i smoked i didnt feel this way once.
my question is are theses symptoms normal?? and how long till im "normal" again?

thanks to anyone who replies

anger and depression are withdrawal symptoms however i rarely got angry and i was depressed for like three days in the past three months. you will recover dude. just give it time. at lease you don't have the worst symptoms like anxiety and insomnia.

yeah im having insomnia too i forgot to say that. lol

and to be honest, Im questioning my sanity right now.. is this normal????? i need some real advice before i tell my mom about my addiction..

well. i got bored and starting playing a video game and it took my mind off the whole idea of having withdrawls. so if anyone is feeling what i was about an hour ago. play a video game or do anything to get your mind off it. im feeling 100% normal right now.

Hooper321:

yes it is normal bro. your brain just has to rewire itself since the THC is depleting the brain. This is actually a good sign since it is a sign of detox. You will go through the "fried brain" symptoms for like two-three weeks to a month but it will go away. trust me and you will feel normal.

The first people I told when I was going through the first of withdrawals were my parents. Of course, since they are immigrants from India, they think that that beating an addiction is just stopping and withdrawals don't exist at all. Obviously, they never seen anybody quit cigarettes, alcohol or even drugs. They always got pissed off when I talk to them about withdrawal which is the most selfish thing I ever seen as they wouldn't open their mind up to knowledge. But the person I talk to is my brother. He has mentally helped me a lot through the worst. Believe me man, telling someone about your problems is the best thing you can do while beating an addiction.

You can make it bro. Just have the will power and don't relapse. That will only make it worse. Give it time as it is the best healer. Drink juices especially cranberry, exercise, sweat like as if you just came out of a swimming pool and join some support groups. You can talk to me through this thread. I don't mind helping someone go through the same stuff I am going through right now. I am three months in and I feel like I have improved a lot.

Hope this helps.

when people try and quit stuff like weed, cigarettes, alcohol, they always try to slowly come off of it. instead of just coming to a complete stop, i think if you try to wean yourself off of it you will feel a little better . i did the same thing with cigs, and weed. instead of smoking a blunt a day, try and spread it out through two days, then three days, and eventually you will find yourself coming off of it. also too, be proactive, start to do other things to keep your mind off it. if you have a job, work more hours. keep your mind off of it because when you are just chillin at home. all you wanna do is smoke. maybe try and hit up the gym if you dont already. that always helped me through many issues.

hey it takes longer then a month most time to feel 100% again, Im at 58 days and im not 100% normal, it can take up to 3 months to rewire everything.

Jimmy it takes longer than 3 months trust me it my third time this year quitting, last summer i quit for three and a half months and got much better i would say feeling like sh*t 15% to 70% in three and half months and than started smoking again in december quit again in jan went through all the same bs again, than you think i would have learned my lesson i got much better and started smoking agian now im on a month and a week and going through all the same symptons anxiety panic attacks not feeling myself weird thought its all related to the same thing, i think once you hit month 5-6 you'll look back and realize that u r back to normal. Just remember to control your stress levels cause we are more suceptable...

it can take longer like you said but some people take 1 month to be fully normal, some people take 6 months thats why i say around 3 months. like for me i am at 60 days and im at about 80 % you know. By the way did you just get the anxiety and panic attacks when you quit, or did you get them when you were smoking too. For me i felt completley normal when i was smoking but as soon as I quit I would get anxiety and panic attacks.

It really would depend on how much i smoked where i smoked and what kind i smoked ;-). PLus after two months i felt much better but in certain situations i would get way more anxiety like writing an exam.

did you have any of those symptoms before quiting?

Never! I never had problems with anxiety panic attacks social phobia it was all because of cannabis. IF you have a problem before you're more likely tohave one after. But dont kid yourself these types of drugs change the way we think the only way to ge back to normal is to force ourselves into thinking the way we used to by reason experience and detox ;-) CBT helps allot to if you find yourself after 5 month still having problems with particular situations. Think about it like this If one type of drug can make a depressed human feel normal than its obvious another type of dug can make a normal human feel depressed, weed is a downer drug.

so while you were smoking you never had a problem, but as soon as you quit you started to him these attacks?

My first panic attack ever was while smoking a huge amount of cannabis. So I had them while smoking, but I also had great times while smoking too. When I quit it hit me like a ton of bricks which led me to beleive that weed was affecting the system in control of my flight or fight response, cause right now compared to the first two weeks of quitting is like night and day.

how many day have you been off it now?