So, i had my tonsils removed 5 days ago, yet im still in unbearable  pain my throat is killing me and my ears are killing me tooo =/.
I've got tablets and everything but they dont seem to stop the pain ? I have liquid nurofen but i hate it, it makes me gag, i have ibuprofen tablets, and extra strength paracetamol my mom bought me lockets to help they seem to ease the pain but they dont take it away, i've tried eating bbut i cant without it feeling like im swallowing glass ( not over reacting here ) tbh i would rather suffer tonsillitis all the time than this pain im in the now =/.

Im not getting good enough sleep im moody i can barley talk it sucks so please if yo have any advice please please please tell me.

i need to get rid of this pain and soon 

thanks 

#lovelovelove 

I'm on the other side - I just recovered few days ago after another strike of tonsillitis in less than three months, so, it's not like I don't know how it can hurt. And yes, I'm scared even more of post-tonsillectomy pain. But, I think that ibuprofen and paracetamol alone are definitely not going to be enough to ease the pain so you can eat at least a bit (and there are little things worse than taking nurofen and ibuprofen on empty stomach, they can cause serious problems). Any chance to talk to your doc and maybe get something stronger for the pain, maybe an injection?

I'm 27 and had my tonsils out 7days ago and i'm in sheers pain on 8 different tablets every 4 hours as i got an infection, when it comes to have a sleep longest nap is 2 hours 30mins an i wake up my mouth is fat as anything an the pain is unbearable i'm seriously not coping at all it's really getting me down. I'd rather suffer tonsilitus ever 2month then the pain i am feeling right now and i've had a child and would much rather give birth again........Any tips for me i would be grateful cheers sarah x

I'm 20 and had my tonsils removed 5 days ago, the paracetamol and ibuprofen weren't enough for me so I went to my doctors to get codine which helps slot but as soon as they wear off its horrible again, I just want the pain to go, every time I wake up it feels worse again and my ears ache too!

Im 13 and I just got my tonsils out yesterday. The pain is horrible they gave me some pain medicine and it help a little bit. It cost 40 dollars but my medicade paid for it. I would advise to call and speak to a doctor about getting something stronger.

Really? I just had mine out and im on day 8 and perfect day 3-4 was the worst tho i drank alot of coke and that got rid of the scabs in a day. I can talk and i even went to the footy yesterday.