How long should i wait to drink alcohol after getting my tonsils removed??

I abstained until after I was done taking the pain meds. You will probably be on some pretty strong narcotics (e.g. Lortab, Percocet, Vicodin) and one shouldn't drink while taking narcotics.

I did try to drink a nonalcoholic beer on about day 9 post-op and the cold plus the fizz irritated the areas where the scabs were coming off.

when one takes alcohol,the glands (at the root of tongue)start shrinking
even after taking alcohol or morphines effect remains for long
you should wait til u feel free from shrinkage or even more.
I remember a site that'll certainly help u.
http://home-gyms-fitness.com/?s=alcohol+detox
& yes there is no certain time limit,as it primarily depents on
the physique of alcoholic & adiction limit.

You should wait at least 2-3 weeks before you resume drinking alcohol. As another poster mentioned Alcohol and Pain Killers do not mix.

Theres a keg party tonight, and i had surgeory Monday and im not taking any pain Killers

I am a girl and i just turned 21 on june 23 and had to get my tonsils removed that following wednesday June 27, I drank every day heavily till monday 25. I am the biggest wuss with pain, I literally cried when I got my ears pierced in 10th grade, and cant even stand the pain of the IV going in. After reading all of these posts online I was honestly freaking out just because of the reaction so many people had. The operation it self was scary when I was going in I was laying on the bed and legit do not remember one thing, I was put to sleep with the medicine going in my IV and I didn't even realize it when I woke up. I was definitely out of it and was still drugged up. The pain after the operation in the recovery room was a very strange pain I felt like I had to spit and couldn't. I was spitting up little amounts of blood but nothing crazy and when I finally got out to see my parents the pain was probably like a 7 out of 10. Finally I got to go home the drs. told me I wasn't going to be able to eat anything but liquids for the first three days and would be out of work for 2 weeks after that, all of my friends from college were like no way in hell you will be able to work, but honestly I was working 3 days after the operation out in the Hampton's and was eating normally that friday. I'm now on my 6th day of recovery and cant say that it was that bad, I've been going to the beach with my friends and doing normal things minus drinking alcohol. I have def. been taking a lot of the hydro codeine that helps me. I haven't been going under water either because i randomly get a sharp pain behind my ears. As long as you take your medicine the week will fly by like nothing. Also drink a ot of water, I go through around 6 waters bottles a day. 
Goodluck %-)

What should I do

Ive been drinking light beer mixed with ice since day 2. The ice takes the fizz off and makes it nice and soothing cool. It is important to keep the scabs moist to prevent bleeding. One point, I'm only on paracetamol and ibuprofen none of these heroin painkillers you get in the US, so that might be a factor. Only having a couple per eve as don't want to dehydrate and wake up with dry mouth. But it seems to be ok!

Had surgery 3 days ago and already stopped taking pain killers.
Maybe a panadol or two a day.
At 55, it is the worst type of pain that is ongoing.
Plenty of water and thick soups help keep the scabbing to a minimum.