Hello! I have tonsillitis. I have discovered that a few hours ago. Now, I have a question for you regarding that. Namely I want to know can you smoking cigarettes with tonsillitis. I am passionate smoker. I hope that you will understand me and that you will advise me because it seems that no one will. Thank you in advance!

Hello! Well, I cannot tell you that I understand you because I am thinking that smoking is, generally speaking, not good and it is cause of many serious disease. I can tell you following: none can stop you to smoke with your tonsillitis, but smoking in your condition is not recommended at all.

Does smoking while suffering from tonsillitis have any specific side effects?

Yeah it does, as i am suffering from one now. as soon as it starts to get better and i crave a ciggie, it comes back again. Also the last time i had to quit for 2 months as it caused the tonsils to get infected. I have started again but also brought patches to help me quit, or might have to get the tonsils removed.

go for it have a ciggie! It wont harm you at all.
Live your life and if that means having a cigarette than do it!

i have acute tonsillitus and am a smoker would there be any major side affects if i have one i am on antibiotics aswell

can someone just give a legit "no it wont harm you at all"

cause srsly..

i have tonsilitous, and i want a f*****g ciggarette!

I only noticed that cigarettes (and cigars) tasted worse while having tonsillitis, nothing else.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

DON'T SMOKE WITH TONSILLITIS! It is very bad to smoke as it can make them swell up so bad that you can stop breathing!! I know it happened to me and it was the biggest scare of my life! 

i am trying it and will tell u the consequences

Cigarette smoke contains a large amount of chemicals that happens to irritate most tissues inside the body. As a result, smoking while being affected by tonsillitis will interfere with the effective elimination of the foreign substances that are the primary causes of the condition, thereby considerably slowing down the healing process of the body.

So by how much does your recovery slow down if you're smoking with tonsillitis? A few minutes? Hours? Days? Weeks?

ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES.  Smoked for 10 years just had my Tonsils pulled cause they were huge, messed up my sleep, and frequent tonsilitis.  Couldn't smoke while recovering, so tried lozengens didn't work cause I would smoke and suck on em, patch same thing and made me nautious, bu picked up a disposable Electronic Vapor Cigarette (Blu Cig $8) from Walgreens and tried it out.  I LOVE IT, same feeling as if I am smoking, delivery is great and doesn't burn or hurt my post op scabs, I can breath great, hacking up c**p from lungs as if I had quit, I get my fix, and relaxation therapy of pulling drags and playing with the smoke rings.  When I recover I will never go back to regular cigarettes.  The flavors are awesome too.

No one can stop you from smoking cigarettes while you have tonsillitis. If that's what you really need to do, then do what you must but smoking while you have tonsillitis means that it'll take much longer for your tonsils to heal even with antibiotics and other medications. Also, it is tantamount to horrible breath as opposed to just bad breath from tonsilloliths. I suggest you expend all your willpower into not smoking cigarettes constantly while your tonsils are still infected. Maybe once or twice a week but a couple days apart.

Just quit smoking!. Its only the nicotine which makes you want to smoke. I had inflamed tonsils and sore throat quite often while I was smoking. Then one day just decided im not going to smoke anymore, went completely cold turkey and have not had a cigarette since and have also never had any problems with my throat or chest since giving up the cancer sticks. Yes I still crave a cigarette every now and then but you just have to use your common sense and will power to not give in to the addicition. You should take this minor infection as a sign or warning of what will happen if you dont quit. Use your common sense and quit before all the smoking causes a more serious incurable condition like oral cancer and lung cancer.