yeah im 18 and still in so much pain its redick, i dont really know how much more i can take!

i avnt eaten for 3 - 4 days and now even drinking has become very painful!

i had an ice lolly too and well, that stung so i stopped! :S

i take nurofen plus every 4 hours because the codeine and paracetamals did absolutely nothing! not that the nurofen is much better!

but to be honest i completly regret having this done now and i could easiely live with having tonsillitis every now and again! becuase this pain is 100 times worst then what tonsillitis ever was!

my jaw is the worst, feels like theres constant pressure on it and its just unbearable! everytime i move my face in the slightest the pain becomes unbelieveable!

just wanna know if anyone has anything to help ease pain? different drugs? different scheduals to take the drugs? ANYTHING?!?!?!?!?!

xxx

I am a female, 24 yrs old. I had surgery and am on day 3. I completely understand the pain you are in. My only other suggestion for you is to constantly apply ice packs to your neck and jaw. This has helped me out tremendously!! Keeps everything numb.......

Hope this helps......good luck! I hear it only gets better with time, so unfortunately you need a good dose of patience as well XD

I'm so sorry to hear about the bad experiences you have both had.

I am a 37 y/old guy who is on day 6 & havent experienced anything like the trauma you have. I have been on Panadiene or Panadol every 4/5hrs since the op, but even on the evening afte the op I had 2 biscuits & then toast the next morning.

I cant say its been pain free, as I have cut back on food as swallowing does hurt, but thats the only pain I have & I definately havent had any of the 'swallowing glass' type pain.

Please dont feel that I am writing this to rub it in anyone's faces, I just want to let people know that even at my age, its not all horrendous.

I hope that you both came good reasonably quickly & that you now feel that you made the right decision. I know I am looking forward to 6 - 8 wks time, when all the toxins are out of my system & I have extra energy, etc.

Hi i am 30 years old and i am on day 5. first 1-3days there was pain but not so bad, but on day 4-5 was not so good the pain in my ears is so bad they hurt just talking about it, and i just pray that the next couple of days will get better, i spit all day long,and it fells like i have a rock in the back of my throut,i read some story's that were bad but we know everyone is diffrent so whatever the Dr. tells you to do try your best to do . i think am almost at a 8lb weight lost.i think i want to try the toast to see if it helps but am going to ask my Dr. first. good luck hope all is well soon.

Hi:
If it's any comfort to you, this is normal except that you don't seem to have the right medicine. Call your doctor and let him know at you need something different. Your doctor should have told you to expect the pain for about a week. Your stress is probably making it worse. Try to relax and contact your doctor for a different pain killer. Also consult him about your nutritional plan. That is important for your healing. If you are not getting proper nourishment, your healing will take longer. That's the problem that is being created. Take care of yourself.....The surgery was probably a good decision. It seems that you just did not know what to expect during the healing process. If you stick it out...no more problems....Focus on the end result. Good luck and let us know how things go.

helloo im ggggr

I am at day 5 of post op of my Tonsil and Adenoid reduction surgery...

I have been researching a ton out there. I did it to help my wifey be able to sleep better at night. I tend to saw through about 3-4 forests a night so she is hoping for anything that is of significant change.

The first three days I drank at least 12 ounces of ice water per hour. I made sure that I wasn't going to be dehydrated as this is the worst for you. It prolongs the recovery time. At day 4 I noticed that cold liquids just weren't doing it for my throat. I decided to switch to lukewarm spagettios and instant mashed potatoes. That seemed to help. Now that I am on day 5 going to day 6 it looks as though your pain medications are the only thing to help you through this. The scabbing is beginning to come off and in some instances will begin to bleed again causing you to feel like you are at day 1 again. Don't have fear but get an ice pack and use it regularly to reduce the swelling.

From friends and other research it looks as though day 10 is the optimal day where suddenly you feel normal. Eating will take two-three weeks to retrain your tongue and throat how to swallow. May be a good opportunity to teach yourself to chew smaller bites...less food less weight. :-)

Also I have quit smoking thanks to the trial in this surgery. I couldn't imagine wanting to smoke while in this pain but it has finally allowed me to quit cold turkey. Thank God for that!

I will post other updates as the days progress...

I am 19 and on day 5 of recovery from my tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Just like my doctor told me... this day is the WORST. BEfore now I've been able to drink with little pain and I was even eating meatloaf and soft Christmas cookies yesterday! Today though... I can't even bear to swallow anything. I have to spit out the saliva that accumulates in my mouth and I can barely take my pain meds. Also, my ears are killing me! I've done heating pads and ice packs and the only thing that seems to work is sleep. I'm worrying about being dehydrated because the only liquid I've managed to get down is water when I take my pain meds. Not looking forward to day 6 but hopefully it will get better after that.