My throat is killing me!!!!!!!!! It hurts when i swallow and when i talk. When i open my mouth i have a white substance in like these pocket looking things back by my tonsils or on my tonsils i dont know. What is it? is it strep throat? should i get my tonsils removed?

I experience this from time to time, and don't know what causes it or what to do about it. Doctors don't believe me when I try to describe it. I have found that I can dislodge the white material and remove it with a long Q-tip, after which the pain is relieved, and the throat returns to normal. The odor of the white material removed is obnoxious.

Advice would be welcome.

Yes it's your tonsils and it's called "Tonsilliths" Or tonsil stones. They are caused by debris of food & bacteria that get stuff on your tonsils. I tell you this because I had it and I had other problems with my tonsils and 11 days ago I had a tonsillectomy done. The doctors won't believe you because you are going to the wrong ones. You need to go to a specialist ENT (Ear Nose and Throat). I don't know if they bother you, you may take antibiotics, but for me the best solution was the operation.

Tonsilitis... puss pockets or bacteria or something. I got it when I had tonsilitis, I couldn't even eat. If you have a fever, see the doctor.

I have this as well - the pocket in the back of my throat on one side. I went to the er and they removed a bunch of white junk from the pocket and recommended that I see an ENT. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. What will they do for me?

what do i do if i have white stuff in these holes in my tonsils? should I have my tonsils removed???

ok it could be that you have an infection on your lymphiods? not sure how to spell it, but years ago, they would take them out along with your tonsils, but now they don't so thats probably whats infected.

i have pockets on one side and cannot breathte at sleep time plus i have heavy snorig due to not being able to breathe any one could this be serious problem?

:(

I feel terible right now, and don't know why my throat is so raw, and my ears are throbbing. I can feel my heart beat in them. I had my tonsils removed three years ago, and I don't know what I have. I need to know if I should go to school tomorrow or just to stay home.

Well, If you know what would be the best thing, that would be helpful,

Person in Pain

I'm experiencing this problem now. in my case, Its tonsillitis. Swelling of the tonsils, you experience pain when swallowing and in some cases a white substance in pockets of your tonsils. The white substance is bacteria. Look at the pockets as spores that release the white substance from within your tonsil (Gross right). My mother is a doctor so she prescribed me penicillin. I have to take te pill every 4 hours and it has gotten better, but I have to have my tonsils removed. Warm tea, warm soups, yougurts, apple sauce, jello, and water are some easier things to swallow. They soothe the throat and are easy on the tonsils. You may experience ear aches and breathing or sinus problems. For the sinus' i take 2 tylenol sinus and congestion right before bed and use a neti pot thru out the day. Eventually I will have to have the surgery done and I'm not looking forward to it, I just don't want anymore pain and I was told its not a easy procedure. Hopefully this information helped someone.

o.O OMFG WHITE STUFF?!?!? Thta means your tonsils are deeply infected! you have 1 choice. take em out. o.O

Yeah i went to the doctor before with a sore throat and there was this little white thing in the back of my mouth. :O i didnt know what it was so when we were at the doctor, my mom asked ( just right before i did) what that little white thing at the back of my mouth was. the doctor said it was a little tube in your mouth i think and it will cover it up soon :-D

Listen, they're not infected. They're tonsilliths and they're harmless. They're just annoying and smell bad. Just brush the tonsils lightly with a Q-tip or toothbrush to get them out and you'll be fine. No big.

my dad told me to deep fry tortillas and put salt on them then eat them to scratch the bacteria off