I examined my throat one morning and found that my tonsils were swollen and had pus on them. I did not have a sore throat or fever, nor did I have swollen lymp nodes or tenderness. What can it be. Can it be thrush without any other symptoms? the only problem is a slight headache and occasional ear ache

You probably have tonsillitis caused by a virus, rather than bacteria. It should go away on it's own in a couple weeks (during which you should gargle salt water and take ibuprofen). If the symptoms don't go away or are later accompanied by a fever and/or swollen lymph nodes, go see your doctor.

I often get food stuck in my tonsils. I know it sounds gross or strange, but I often get white spots in my tonsils with no fever or pain and it's really just food that gets stuck back there. I usually take a q-tip, soak it in antibacterial mouthwash and work to get the food out. A doctor actually did this for me the first time.