I had been taking too many painkillers lately due to horrible back pain and headaches. I bought some liquid oxy from someone I don't even know thru a friend of a friend, and went thru about 1800mgs in a month. When I was about to run out, I got a few methadone to help me with the withdrawals, because I have been thru it before and it was hell. Now, after reading about it more, I am almost afraid to detox off the methadone more. I only got about 4 10mg pills. I started at taking 5 mg every 12 hours or so. If I take this for a few days, will it help me to get off of the oxy? Or is is just going to prolong the withdrawls? Can I get addicted to methadone from only a few pills, or do you have to be on it awhile? There are many people here who seem to know about this stuff so I thought I would start here and ask around. I'm just so scared to go thru the detoxing cold turkey, but i will if that is the better route than methadone. Like I said, I only have a few pills, and was planning to take 10 mgs the first two days, then five for two days, then 2.5 for the next day or so. Someone please let me know if this sounds like a good or bad idea. I can't go to a doctor to detox. I need to find a way to do it here myself. Thanks!

i have been addicted to narcotics since 12 years old.getting off any narcotic is hard.but if you keep positive and active it will go alot easier.lots of water,juice and movement,will help.it will not be easy but if you will it you shall succeed.

With my experience with any kind of opiates if i take them for just three days i will feel WD! I have done just about everything and I was doing dones for only 2 months didnt know anything about them until I started WD then did a little research....My advice is DON'T DO ANY KIND OF DRUG!

I have used methadone to get off pain pills like you described and it worked for me. Just remember less is more! Hope you made it thru. Best of luck!