Hi! I'm a 28 year old female. I've been having problems with my right collarbone, arm and shoulder for over a year now. Last October, I noticed that my collarbone got enlarged at the place where it meets the sternum. The very place didn't hurt, but i felt pain in my arm, neck and shoulder. I felt some tension in my whole right side of the body. I've been going from one doctor to another...One said it was Cervical Spondylosis, the other Arthrosis....Three weeks ago i returned from the seaside... Since then my condition have changed.... I feel no pain any more, but my right shoulder somehow sank, it's much lower than the left one, and the muscles near the shoulder blade are extremely weak, i don't even feel them... I have no problems with movement and pain... My right collarbone seems much longer then the left one... Muscles and the skin on the whole right side of my body are soft and weak...
I'm worried... Any ideas what could it be?

Hi! I am going through the exact same thing....woke up one morning with an enlarged collarbone on my left side (directly under my throat at the sternum) with tenderness when touched, turning into limited mobility and flexibility in my arm movements, with pain and stiffness in my neck, shoulder, and inbetween my shoulder blades.....the pain eventually decreased after a month and isnt nearly as bad now, but stiffness in back and neck is still there along with the protruding collarbone, and my left shoulder slouches lower than my right now....did you ever find out what this is from? I dont remember any injury.....does anyone know what this is from?

Have the joint that involves the collarbone checked. I was misdiagnosed with pulled muscle and tendon in my chest, given exercises to strengthen it, and to expect future flareups. The pain got better over time, then one morning I woke up and could only lift my arm even with my breastline. I went back to another doctor, and they found that my collarbone was partially out of the joint socket with artrithis present. If I had been diagnosed right, they could have fixed it, but this problem is too high risk for the left side of your body. I hope that if this is your problem it will save you the pain that I live with everyday