I have a sharp pain in my lower right pelvic area. It feels like something is ripping apart or it could be a stabbing pain, but if I were a piece of paper being torn apart that is what I think it would feel like. The pain started several months ago and last a few days ant then went away. Now it is back and have had it for about 2 weeks. There is no position I can be in to get any kind of relief. Hydrocodone, Tramadol, IB Profrin, Acetaminophen, and Midol does not work for the pain. 

I am 38. Had 2 C-Sections in 1995 and 1997. During the 1997 C-Section, I had a Tubal Ligation for several different reason. The only reason the doctor would consider it at my age (23) was because I had horrific pregnancies. I was told that the contractions would be 10 times worse than that of my period cramps. I never felt any contractions with either pregnancy even though the monitor was saying I was having some strong ones, that is without  an epidural (I got the epidural right before each C-Section). I never even dilated. Since my very first period when I was 16, 2 months shy of my 17th birthday, I have had horrible cramps that consisted of vomiting, fevers, back pain, numbness in my legs and the occasional migraines (now I have several times a month regardless of my period). Also, I have a pacemaker as a result from one of the pregnancies and therefore can not have a MRI's.

The reason for me telling you a little of my history is so that I can tell you I am not a stranger to pain and different types of pain. This is not the same pain as cramps and it feels like it is an ovary, I have no idea why I am so sure that it is an ovary, but pretty certain, however if you know of some other reason please let me know.

Let me know if you have suggestions on what might be the problem.
Thank you in advance.
DK

Is this when you get your period, the first day or you last days of your menstrual cycle. Rem brown stuff, sometimes can be dry blood. You should check with a OBGYN to verify why this is happening.

It is not limited to my period. I ended up going to the ER the night I posted this and they said I have cystitis (Bladder infection not UTI). My problem with this diagnosis is that I have had no symptoms relating to BI or a UTI and the pain is in my lower right pelvis area.

They did a CT scan and they said they could see nothing out of the ordinary. Which does not tell me why I am having tese Gosh aweful pains. They gave me toradol and Cipro IV. As of today I have been on the antibiotic now for three days and the paon is just as fierce.

I was hoping someone would be familiar with what I am describing.

did they ever put mesh in you..pain is unrelenting and cannot be seen by CT or rays and we will all reject it even 10-20 years later 1st sign is bladder infection..is usually rejected between awaking and 3 years...read some blogs always clutching belly..narcotics will block the pain but then you are into urine retention and bowel blockage so I am using castor oil which works double your fiber and get to a university hospital..I have crsps/rsd most painful condition on McGill pain scale but this belly thing is worse,mesh is used for sections,hernias,separate organs hold up bladder, and other organs from childbirth that shift around, and so much litigation now that no one will touch you unless you have unlimited insurance. Like mediCal HMO no care..very sad

I have not had any mesh put in as far as I know. The only surgeries I have Had is 2 C-sections. One in 1995 and the 2nd two years later in 1997. Im not sure what to do.

Did u ever find out what is was because i have it too

I have a debilitating bladder disease that signs and symptoms often mimick uti (kidney and/or bladder infection) but the pain does not and urinalysis and cultures never test positive for infection! Its called interstitial cystitis. Reading it story I felt that I had wrote this myself! I was like "whoa this is freaky" I am about ur age (39) i have pacemaker type devices called an insterstim looks like a pavemaker acts like a pacemaker but used to control my bladder. while I had both of my children vaginally I did have two abdominal surgeries. Abdominal surgeries for females can cause endometriosis. Endometriosis is also a sister illness to interstitial cystitis. I am scheduled for laparoscopic surgery (the only way to diagnose endometriosis) very soon. Might I suggest finding a urologist that specializes in interstitial cystitis and making an appointment with ur Gyn to discuss the possibility of endometriosis. Google both and read up on all that u can. ICA (interstitial cystitis association) is a good place to start.

I've had a hysterectomy and sometimes, out of the blue, I will get a ripping feeling on the right or left pelvic area. I've had tests that show nothing. I was told it's probably scar tissue from the surgery. I've also had the same pain before a ruptured cyst, but that could be because of the cyst growing and stretching the scar tissue.