It may be excess acid in the stomach.  Because of the excess acid in the stomach, it makes a person feel of hunger and other symptoms like shakiness, tiredness, etc.  An antacid would help to relieve those feelings. 

Yes, the doctors don't have a clue. THATS BECAUSE ALL DOCTORS DO IS LOOK AT PHYSICAL ISSUES. STRESS AND EMOTIONS CAUSE ALL THIS AND THEY ARE OBLIVIOUS. I know, I have been weighing and measuring my food, and on my strict diets, I gained 62 pounds. I have worked with family doctors and weight loss doctors and they can't figure it out. I have tried every major diet out there and then some. I say that I am not under stress cause if I did, I might collapse from fatigue. I am sure that when all the traumas in my life resolve, my body will stop being hungry all the time. I used to wake up 2 and 3 times in the middle of the night starving. I couldn't fall back asleep unless I ate a meal. Thank God, I found a religious adviser that was the only one who could figure it out. And she is right!

Hi - I'm 30 years old and have had the same problem for YEARS, with no doctors able to help or even (in my opinion) take me that seriously about it. I find it so disruptive to my life, yet it seems quite unique since I've seen many docs and specialists who really aren't sure what to do. My story is a little different from yours in that I went off birth control when I was 28 and experienced blissful relief for 1.5 years. I would urge you to give that a shot because it helped me so much. For some reason, the problem has returned over the past month and feels worse than ever, but it is also coincided with some strange things happening with my menstrual cycle (18 day cycle, with period for 10 of that), so I'm CONVINCED the problem is very hormonal. I was honestly so happy and relieved when i went off birth control and felt like a normal person. I'm looking forward to hopefully feeling that way again and just thought I'd give you the suggestion as well. Good luck!

Thank you for your helpful suggestion. I am sure this publicized advice will help many! When I was in my early twenties, I developed a skin rash that my dermatologist was perplexed by. He was my best friend's father. I heard he was up all night pacing the floor about this. The next morning, he said the birth control pills were causing my immune system not to work and ordered me off them. The skin rash went away and I FELT SO MUCH BETTER! My moods changed throughout my menstrual cycle, but it was a relief to feel moods again. The birth control pills took away my moods. I used the rythym method for birth control for the next 25 years and planned 2 children. It all worked out well.

I did find a way to stop being so hungry. I used "HCG" drops. They don't have a website but there is a blog about them. The drops work for some people but not others.

Hi I'm only 17 coming 18 in October, when I was younger I wouldn't eat because I never felt hungry, an as I got older this lead to becoming very poorly an ended up getting rushed in to hospital one night, was always weak but always on the go. But now it's different I am confused because after all that I seem to be hungry constantly now and I have no Idea why, it's not like me at all and really don't want to gain any weight.