Afew weeks ago I woke up with numb teeth,lips,cheeks and even parft of my nose on one side of my face. it has slowly been dissipating, but I still feel if in a couple of teeth and the part of my lips beside them. What could cause this?

It could be a form of Bell's palsy. It could be cause by infection or trauma. Sometimes no cause is found.

I'd suggest you do see your doctor and let them know about this.

Hope it helps.

I have been to the doctor (2) and dentist. The dentist took xrays, andfound afilling that needed to be replaced which he did). but no accompanying inflammation. Nothing changed.
The doctors have ruled out Bell's because therec are no accompanying symptoms. A stroke was also deemed unlikely ... a very unlikely location for a stroke, and no other indicators either. Sinus inffection has also been suggested, but no real reason to think that.

It is odd. It sounds like a facial nerve issue. It could be an infection.

Your health overall is good? No diabetes or anything?

I'm glad you've been examined. Sorry I can't offer anything else.

Keep us posted, good luck.

I know this was a while ago but I was wondering what the outcome of this was. I am having the same symptoms but can't find any answers.

Yesterday I took a bad fall.  Left side of my face is swollen and eye turning black.  My lip, gums and teeth on the left side are still numb.  I iced most of yesterday.  How long will I have numbing? Is this because of the trauma to my face and it will recover shortly?

A numb feeling and shivering in the lips and tongue could have a few conceivable reasons:

• You may be getting a ulcer (aphthous stomatitis). These little, shallow bruises within the lips or under the tongue regularly cause a shivering sensation a day or two preceding they show up.
  • You may have dry mouth (xerostomia). A typical side effect of dry mouth is a shivering sensation in the tongue. Dry mouth can be brought on by specific ailments and a few prescriptions. Converse with your specialist on the off chance that you are worried about dry mouth manifestations.