hey, a few days ago i tried on a lipstick tester in a shop..and i just didnt think about the consequences, so now half of my top lip has swollen and had like small type blisters on it, it was originally above the lip, but now its actually on the lip..and i must admit i did think it was a spot and did pick it which was stupid, i've been using a little cream for blisters and cold sores but its still throbbing, its either the tester or im allergic to the lipstick..as i did buy it and have been wearing it despite the blisters..but i've never had it before..can someone help and tell me what they used if they've had it before.. :'(

hi there

a few days my top lip was starting to have blisters on the left side. i ignored it and just use a chap stick the next day the blisters were spreading to the right and bottom lip too. i used some campho phenique cold sore treatment and used it for about a week or so and its still not gone yet what is it and how can i treat it.

hi there. I found out that I was allegric to lipstick 5 years ago. everything I use a liptstick (mainly for 1 day), the next day I wake up with small blisters around the edge of my lips and then eventually it will be covering the lips.

I use vasaline and this helps make it go away. However it takes a week for it to completely go away.

Here is my lip infection cycle. After one day of using a lipstick, the blister comes up the next day. Use vasaline. If your lips starts to flake, wash it with warm water (this help to remove the flake) and then reapply vasaline. Keep doing this throughout the infection. The infection must reach it's worse state (mine is the 3rd day) and then it will start to go down after that. Then after 6-8 day, it should be gone.

Hopefully my advice helps. Vasaline is the only one so far that I found help.

This is the third time now that I've gotten this sore on my lip. The sore is one bump that has some kind of puss in it. The first time I went to the dermatologist and she said that it was an infection caused by a piercing I had though my lip. Now that its the third time that this has come up I question that statement. And wonder what else it could be. Whenever I've gotten it, Ive used the same treatment that suggested above: vasaline and warm water. And everything she said is what happens to me. The 3rd day is the worse. The thing is that I'm not allergic to lipstick and I haven't worn any in awhile. So what is it? Also it first starts out from a lip bite or at least it seems like I keep biting on it. I DON'T KNOW! I'm nerves about it and I just want to know what is causing this.

I have the same thing as the person above me. I do not know what it is, but here is my guess as to how I got it, since I am a guy and I do not plan on wearing lipstick. My bad habit is that I bit my lips all the time. I recently got a new job where I have to handle thousands of packages a day (boxes and stuff). I where gloves and the gloves are very dirty. I also have a cooler to keep myself contstantly hydrated. So I think happened because I bite my lips and since my lips have been chapped the past few days and cracked, I infected them from when I opened my water cooler with my dirty gloves and took a drink from the cooler. I do not know what it is, but it has to be some bacterial infection. I can only guess ringworm. But I want to know for sure. If it is ringworm, I know that is can be treated orally or application with cream over the affected area. Either way, this sucks. Anybody with any advice??????? Please!

I'm having the same problem right now. I've been researching it and my best guess is staff infection. It says you can get it from taking unnecessary antibiotics in excess. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but I'm 90% sure that's what it is since I've had it before.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like all of you have the herpes virus. I have it too. I've had it ever since I can remember. As a kid, I got lots of kanker sores in my mouth, but as I got older, it turned into cold sores on my lips. I've tried almost every over the counter cold sore medicine out there and none of it works for me. I've found the best thing that works for me is to use hydrogen peroxide to clean the infection and alcohol to dry it out. This process seems to clear it up pretty fast as well. I start doing it as soon as I get that tingling feeling, and sometimes the sore never even brakes through. If you talk to your doctor, there might even be a prescription drug/topical ointment that might be more effective. Hope this helps.

As the person above me said yes it is Herpes, herpes 1 that is....The same thing has been happening to me for 4 years straight every summertime, the problem is i don't really know what it is the causing it so i can prevent it and the doctor gives me a different ointment everytime..my latest one is BNT...anyways the vaseline works but not fast enough..and i've never tried the peroxide n alcohol......I wish i could take a shot to prevent this.

You should also look into impetigo. It can look and feel just like herpes when it's on the lips and it crusts over just the same. Plus once you have it one time, you're way more prone to getting it, especially in warm months.

well in order to have herpes you have to be doing something sexual right?? But anyway I have the same thing and it is the third day and my brother gets them all the time but we were sharing a smoke and I think it somehow got on my lip because Ive never gotten them before....Its swollen and I dont know what to do but if it continues to get worse I will see a doctor or talk to a pharmacist

It is NOT herpes! It is a bacterial infection. Herpes sores ooze and you have to dry them out and not pick at them because it will spread. The little bumps that spread over your lips (usually the top lip and right along the line where your top and bottom lip meet) is an infection usually from using too much chapstick or lip gloss. Either way stop using whatever products you are using on your lips and throw them away. You need to only apply vaseline and try and exfoliate your lips to get rid of the bumps (again, if is was herpes this would open the sore and cause it to spread but with a bacterial infection it will make the bumps disappear after a few days). You can do this with warm water and your fingers/nails or a toothbrush works really well.

Okay, this is what happened. I was walking down the street with my friend Anh and then it was really windy and the wind kept on blowing on my lips. (Face) I was really cold and my lips was always getting dry, I thought by licking my lips would help. BUT IT DIDN'T! The next day it was saturday I woke up and two bumps was on my mouth I thought if I keep on biting on it. It would evantually go away! But it didn't! I was so scared! I kept on biting on it and well it turn red and got bigger. I stoped biting on it and I applied Lip Medex to my lips and it was feeling cool and fine. I woke up the next mourning and the skin right on my lips were white and flakey. Then the day after that one of them were just bumpy and the other one was white still. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!?!?! It started falling off and when I don't apply Lip Medex to my lips it gets rashy and hurts and my lip turns MAJOR RED. So now when I apply it to my lips it hurts very badly. Can someone please help me? My friends don't think its a big deal and I should just leave it alone. But if I leave it alone it will get worse my confidence just went down. =( Please, please, please, please help me. I really think I should see a doctor but Im scared she will just say leave it alone...... Please reply to this message. Thanks

I just had this happen. It was so painful and I looked like J-lo from monster-in-law. I tried everything, finally I had to get on anti biotics because it was a staff infection. The best non-medicated (so it wouldn't burn and make things worse) ointment/chapped lips stuff I used on it was Auqaphor healing ointment. It's sooo good, really relieves the pain and helped me heal faster.

I am having the same problem curently i have blister like sores spreading across my lip , I have been to the doctors and its just a bacterial infection . Its sore and at its worst atm so im wondering what will make this process of healling speed up a tadd faster. Ive been perscribed coaxacylin for it and been applying polysporin But it keeps getting worse !