hey everyone i just found out i had chlamydia lastnight (friday) and i know i have to be treated asap but i dnt got no money neither do my parents and the med is 40 dollors, i wont be able to get the med til monday i was wondering if thats realy bad?

Hi Bunnie,

No, a couple of days isn't that significant. Just be sure to get the medicine and take it as per directions.

No sex until you're cured either, at least a week or until your doctor said.

You should check the internet for free clinics in your area. I had it and got treated for free at a local clinic. Takes seven days to take full effect and dont have sex till youve been re tested to make sure its all gone. If it stays in your body too long it could do long term damage to the point where you could become infertile. A few days wont hurt, but months will. Just get it as soon as you can.

ok thanks.. i jus did get my meds like a day ago.. so i been on them since...
how long till it should be gone?
and when it is gone how do  i prevent myself from getting it again?

It should be gone in a few days BUT take all the medicine or it can come back and be harder to treat.

To prevent yourself from getting it again, don't have sex with an infected partner.

So, has your partner been tested?

And no sex until cleared by your doctor.

im not with him no more.. and thanks