I have been trying to get pregant for nearly 2 years and have only just discovered that I have chalmydia. Would this have caused me to not get pregnant?

actually yes. if chlamydia goes untreated for a while it can cause scar tissue on the uterus and keep fertilized eggs from sticking. you can get pregnant if you have it depending on how long you have had it. get with a OBGYN and talk to her about it and see if she can take a look in there for you.

I have been very worried about the fact that I got chlamydia when I was 18. I have never shared this with anyone. It was treated with antibiotics and I never had any symptoms. I am now married and 37 waking up with night sweats stressed about this because I am now trying to get pregnant. We have been seeing a fertility doctor and I have had a sono and recently a laproscopy. Everything came out clear, there is no scar tissue or problems of any kind down there. I didn't tell my fertility doctor or my husband about the early chlamydia b/c I feel totally imbarrassed and humiliated. I figured that will all the tests, monthly bloodwork, ultrasounds that if there was any sign of problems or damage the doctor would have seen it. I guess I am also feeling guilty b/c I never told my husband.My concern now is that I have " unexplained infertility" b/c of it. Maybe I am obsessing over this for nothing. We have been trying to get pregnant for about a year and a half. I am now now taking a small dose of progestone and femera on cycle days 3-7. If I am not pregant in the next three months I will be looking at IUI. I have been on such an emotional roller coaster ride, and I am fighting depression and anxiety. I also must mention that I am a teacher in an inner city school and I had a reallllllllly bad year with some vey serious dysfunctional children familes. I know my stress is through the roof. I am sure that is probably the cause. My fertility doctor said stress is the #1 contraceptive. I guess I am breaking my silence, b/c I am crying a lot lately and think I need someone to talk to.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

snoopy

snoopy27 wrote:

waking up with night sweats stressed about this because I am now trying to get pregnant.

I would venture to say that if you were having complications from the previous infection there would be signs of scarring etc. during the laparoscopy...don't feel guilty about not telling your Husband...it is not relavent to you and him and your life together :wink:

~Good luck with your baby wishes, no fertility treatment for me yet...10 years and still wishing for a miracle~

don't worry it isn't easy to get pregnant i unfortunately had a miscarriage and i cant seen to get pregnant now i am worrid i really miss my unborn baby and i really do want another try but it just wont happen

thanks for information
it was very helpful

sportygirl wrote:

WELL I HAD IT TOO AND IT COULD BE A 50 TO 70 PERCENT CHANCE THAT THATS THE REASON WHY YOU CAN'T GET PREGNANT.

I feel so bad for you as I am in the same spot. My unfaithful boyfriend about 8 years ago gave me Chalmydia. The only way I knew was when my doctor suggested I be tested for STD's. I am 38 now and am trying to get pregnant...it's only been 3 months, but I am concerned. My husband is 44 so it's most likely him, but he fathered 3 children on the first try with his first wife, so I am concerned it is me. He knows of the Chalmydia, but I have not brought it up as a reason for possible infertility. I know I am running out of time and am not sure what to do. I don't think I want to use drugs, bc I don't want twins, but I do want a child.....so I am struggling with that....does anyone know about Chalmydia and how long it takes to cause infertility?

I have Had Chalmydia Twice Now From My Partner And I Have Gotten It Treated Both Times, & the second time i got the call from my nurse, she wanted my partner to come in with me, she told me that i had it for the second time so she gave us simple pills that last 72 hours, and well i waited a week after i took them to start haven sex again, And i havent been back to the doctor yet to see about anything, and i was wondering, if ater we took those pills, it would clear it up, is that true or not? And What do i do, if my partner is scared to go to the doctors ....Cause his real mother deeply brain washed him by telling him " You Dont Need To Go To The Doctors Cause All There Going To Do Is Poision You...So What Do I Do About This. Plz reply back to me,
Thanks Again.

Tell your partner that chlamydia can make him sterile. Which it can, actually. It will mess him up badly. Also, don't have sex with him. That will get him to go to the doctor, and if it doesn't then you need to break up with him. Does that help?

Yes. if chlamydia goes untreated for a while it can cause scar tissue on the uterus and keep fertilized eggs from sticking. you can get pregnant if you have it depending on how long you have had it.

HI, I was told I had Chlamydia when I was 16. I had it taken care of. Then me and my boy friend up. I got with this other guy. We have been together 3 years. I recently went to the doctor and I had it again. I am really scared I can't have kids. Please some one give me some hope.

if i had chlamydia when i was 18 and now im 21 can that be the reason why i cant get pregnant?

Chlamydia is easily treated, but it's important for you to seek testing and get treatment right away. By seeking testing and getting treated, you are taking good care of your reproductive health

im dating a 36 year old and im 22 but age doesnt matter and one of us had contracted chly. before sleeping together i told him when i got checked out. i took the meds and he never got them...is there anyway i can get two percrps. for it? bc if i got it for me and him i know he would take it but hes to proud and busy to go himself....i took it but me just taking it isnt good enough to get cleared right?! but at the same time we are not trying to get prego. but figure if it happens it happens so we stopped my bc just bc we figure natur takes it course i know this seems weird but at the same time i did take the meds. but we couldnt control ourselves after....well didnt want to...i just want to go and get the percrp. and get it over with is there anyway i can get two ??? or will we have to go in seperate ?