I am 32 yrs old 5'6 normally 160lbs but after 12 days so far of suboxone withdrawals I'm down to 140.I was dependant on opiates for 12 years.After 6 yrs of using the lower class (vicodin, Percocet , Norco, etc) I had the dumb idea to join a methadone clinic in Fairfield, Ca. That lasted two years and I ultimately cross addicted to meth. So that ends the m.done I went through the withdrawals of methadone for 28 days but I had a seizure and the hospital made me join their outpatient suboxone clinic/group therapy. I passed that twice. But never got under 16mg a day. Was a waste of in my opinion. The group i was in had a gentleman that introduced me to dilaudid. I feel in love. I had never shot up before but I learned super quickly.so I did dilaududs for a few years mainly 8 - 8mg / day. Needless to say I hit rock bottom and was homeless. My mother arranged for a flight to get me back from Vacaville CA TO CHICAGO I'll. So Jul 19 2012I got a script for suboxone @2 8 mg strips a day. The next day I had to take the 2/1/2 hr drive to Indy to check into Fairbanks inpatient treatment. It was what it was. From then I tapered down from 16 mg a day to 8 mg a day in January 2014. So obviously I'm in withdrawal and have been now on day 12. I still have double vision. I still can't sit still. The yawning, the cold/hot flashes, The sneezing, The battery acid running thru my veins is not getting better. I've been walking about a half mile a day. I've cut cigarettes down big time going from a pack a day to maybe one or two at the most. The B-6 and ginseng I took helped for a day or two but I don't see a difference anymore. At this point my thoughts are ..... well there's a resolution but im not sure I need to go that for. But come on 12 days? No progress? ? At some point I'd like to see this light at the end of the tunnel but for now It's just a freight train heading my way.

I have been on Methadone for 16 years.  I've thought about getting off a zillion times, tried several, but never got more than about 20% of the way to zero before.  For years I've been at 130 - 140 mg, but finally just decided to listen to my docs for a change and go slowly with my taper.  That is the trick - I know it's frustrating but I am now at 70 mg and NO withdrawal of any consequence.  A few brief bouts of mild nausea, maybe a bit of anxiety here & there but nothing like what you're feeling.  My heart goes out to you.  What I'm doing is going very slow - drop by 10 mg (less than 10% of the max dose), and I stop and rest anytime I feel bad.  I'm now at 70 mg, which is 50% of my starting dose. It is working so far, and I'm determined to continue - but NOT if it's going to make me sick.  This can be done. In the end it will prob take me 2-1/2 to 3 months but I'm going to get there.  Btw, get some Clonidine. Best of luck.

Hi I know this is an old post just checking in. My story is quite similar (I'm in Sacto too!) I'm about 2 weeks into my Zubsolv wd after 2 years of it (started with Suboxone- same thing). I was shocked I felt amazing for about 5 days then I went downhill fast. I'm a bit better but still pretty lousy and wondering how long it will take to feel normal again.
Hope you are well!