Hey All,

I've been struggling with Heroin and Oxycontin for a year or two now, and I'm in the process of quitting right now, and I have a question:

If I've only taken Methadone once, (50mg, for the 1st day after my last DOC dose), how long should I wait before transitioning to Suboxone?

I am trying out Methadone, to see if it is a way around the 4 hour period that you have to endure withdrawals for, when going straight from DOC to Suboxone. (Because you have to wait until you are in full withdrawals to take Suboxone!)

The reason I think this may be the case, is because while researching online, I came across a site that says your last dose of Methadone should be 10mg or less, before switching to Suboxone - which I interpreted as meaning you don't have to wait for any amount of time before taking the Suboxone, if your last dose of Methadone was 10mgs or less.

So I figured that I could go from my DOC, to taking Methadone the next day (I won't have to wait, and therefore won't feel any withdrawals at all!), to starting my normal Suboxone routine the following day, before the Methadone has completely worn off.

Now It's the following day - the day I said I would start on Suboxone (I took methadone yesterday), and a little bit of last minute hesitation caused me to double check the internet before actually doing it (you know, just in case the threat of precipitated withdrawals still exists at all), and to my surprise, most website are saying that after taking Methadone, you actually have to wait LONGER to take Suboxone, than if you were only taking a DOC. Like 3 days?? Well, does this apply for every case of methadone? Or is this advice for those of you who have been taking methadone regularly, for weeks or months? I've only taken it once - do I still have to wait that long?

I don't feel any withdrawals yet, and it's been more than 24 hours, but my question is if I still have to wait until I get full blown withdrawals, because I'd rather start taking Suboxone before I experience any withdrawals, but of course I will wait it out to avoid precipitated withdrawals (which I've heard is the worst thing in the world)

I know this is a very specific question, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had the answer? :D

I have been on Herion off and on for twenty years. I was on Methadone for four years once. Im on it now. I've been thrown in jail with full blown habits more than once. I've been on subs once for a year. I've been clean here and there. All my friends are in the same lifestyle. I've been in withdrawl many times. And I can tell you this: Each opiod is differant not the same. I stopped a withdrawl from 27 mg of methadone, on day three, cold in its tracks; never to come back by chewing up about 9 lortabs from prison dental. I stopped a herion withdrawl dead, on day 4 in jail by buying and sniffing some more smack. And I throw myself into hell with subs after 16 hours off herion. I have done every combo and damn near every senerio and I will tell you this: if you only took the methadone once it wont effect anything. what will is not getting a "COWS" schedual withdral score of "moderate to severe withdrawl before taking those subs. Suboxone works great for that smack addiction, just wait about a day. More important then the time is the withdrawl symtoms. look up OCWS on line and take the subs when your score is super hell. Mine is when I start the uncontrolable sneezing. But , NO that dose of done-juice just once shouldnt do much to notice,

i want to know how im gonna feel going from 80ml methadone daily to suboxone and how long will the dr keep me waiting in hospital rehab before giving me something fr the clucking or before it starts

dnt take methadone please mate as ive been on it now 5yrs started at 95ml daily still on 80ml and awaiting detox to suboxone in hosp detox centre but very very scared ,, as this will be the first time i ben straight fr god knws how long , i dnt even knw who iam no more or who im going to be ,,,,, dnt take methadone it ruinjs u its worse than heroin