Hi. I understand the chemical nature of aspartamine. I also know its effects on the body but can’t find any information on aspartamine other that it is a natural sweetener and where it can be found. I would really like to know it’s chemical nature of it before I decide to use ti. Can anybody here help me with this? Thanks.

I know exactly what you mean – it is really hard to find any “real” info about it!!! Anyway, I found several websites mentioning "aspartamine" where I learned that while aspartame and aspartamine (asparagine) both contain aspartic acid (hence the names), they are physiologically unrelated compounds – one is a common amino acid found in all living organisms, and the other one is purely synthetic food additive. That is all I could find… Sorry I couldn’t do any better…

If you are considering about exchanging your regular sugar with artificial one you should be aware that things are not that simple. First of all if you have troubles with weight you should adjust your complete nutrition habits and not just part related to the sugar. After all without certain tests you don’t know what is making you fatter, sugar or meat.

I have visited nutritionist few years ago and since that time I avoid sugar except in my coffee and from time to time I eat sugar free chocolate, although this is not chocolate without sugar but without white sugar.

So start with consulting your nutritionist and after making a plan try to follow it. I wish you good luck.