Hi! My mother had serious injury. She can’t walk anymore, and she has serious brain damage. My father doesn’t live with us. I study and am my mom's caregiver…I need someone to talk to. I can’t even describe how hard it is. I don’t have life any more. I am so tired. Sometimes my sister helps me, but she can’t care about her all day, she has a baby.

Hi! I know how hard this is for you. You are young, and you need to go out with your friends, but you can’t live your mother. You must care about money, food and million other things. When your sister is with your mother you must relax. It is important to continue with your study. I was caregiver. Caregiving affect you emotionally, financially and socially. You have a life. Don’t lose a hope. You must be strong for you and your mother.

I, too, am a caregiver..and I know, it is very hard...and not that you mind 'it' ...I am sure..it's just hard, and there never seems to be anyone to talk to it about it all..I have been through a lot with my mother...and still, I know that I am luckier than most. I have cared for her through a broken shoulder when she could hardly walk...breast cancer...which she has survived..hip replacement surgery...and then...she cracked her hip, which made her bed ridden for some time...I was her legs...somehow we got through it; she stayed with me during these interims...and then eventually found her way back home, on her own two feet nonetheless...but the challenges remained...this, all in the last two years...now, she has been with me for five months straight...her memory is failing her, and well, she is on medication that helps her congestive heart failure, but is quite hard on her...and all she keeps asking me is when can she go home; and so...we fight..which we never used to do... My sisters help, but, frankly, not much..at least my older sister comes by in the morning to give her her medication while I am at work, and the good news...she is leaving for three weeks...she has built this new home back in Illinois where her hiusband took a lucrative job two years ago...so she is traveling back and forth until she is ready to quit her job...I am exhausted at deaing with family issues while still trying to maintain my own home, and a job..and most importantly, my mother. We have always been close, and so, okay...I am willing to go the distance here...but I do need some help...if only to be able to talk to someone. My life is starting to suffer...personally, financially...and my mother smokes on top of it all. I've asked her not to smoke in the house,,,she has a very nice backyard, and frontyard that she can go in...but still....she does smoke when I am not around...and I know this seems so stupid and trivial...but I have done so much for my Mom, I have always been good to her, regardless...Is there something I can do about this...any tips, advice...I have never smoked in my life, and so the smell, well, it's just a bit hard to take...my eyes are watering, and my throat is sore...and well, I know this sounds horrible...but I just don't want that horrible stain all over my house like there is in her condo...she is 88 now, and between taking care of her and the many maladies that are a result of her age...I feel like I am going to snap! Hang in there...I always believed in living a life without regrets, and so..I guess all we can do is the best that we can do. I read somewhere that being a caregiver, you have to let yourself mourn the loss of some things, but not be afraid to dream new dreams...and so...I am simply trying to do the best I can...keep up with your studies...even if you have to cut back a little,,,still try and do something that is important to you...I need to do the same...