I am a single mother and have a daughter, who is 13 and is very rebellious. I cannot manage her behavior any more. It is true I have less and less time since I have to provide good life for her (you know the stories of single working mothers) and I do not know what to do to get some control into her life… I have no control over her… This is not good, I know that… she is not old enough not to be controlled. What should I do?

Do you have any friends? I am also single working mother. I agreed with my friend to help each other out… so, they help me with my two kids, when I am working and I am helping them when they are working and I am free. There is actually a bunch of us and we managed to cope with daily activities. I know it is not easy!!!
Reward her something! Promise her something (if she’ll be good), but you must keep that promise!

This is probaly the most retarted thing you've ever heard because.....I know whats good and i still dont do it......Im like that with my mom and dad also, i dont know why, its just natrual, i live with my mom, she works practicly all day, and i hardly see her, maybe 1-3 hours a day, but mostly like 1 hour everyday, Only reason why im like this...is probaly because she wants me to be what she wants me to be, She wants me to be like this, she wishes i was like this, she wishes i wouldnt wear that kind of clothes, and it pisses me off because, she wants the "perfect" son.......I have no communication wtih my father, and my sister and i cant get along, so im basicly alone all day, besides at school.

Celebrity
You sound so angry with your mom! Maybe you need to understand her as well. She doesn’t have much time at the moment, because she is trying to provide for you and your sister, and maybe she doesn’t even know how to approach you. Ok, being in such position, what would you recommend to Closser? How should she reach her daughter? How would you like your mother to treat you? Tell us how you feel, so maybe that way you can help Closser solve her problem.

You might want to reevaluate your priorities. Children this age have the same impulse control as a 3year old (research shows). This means they need just as much love and attention and boundaries and guidance that a 3 year old needs. You HAVE to spend some quality time with your daughter. If you don't have the energy, reprioritize. Money comes and goes. Good clothes fade, get worn, and go out of style. But your child will be affected by the way they are raised, the love, attention and guidance they received for the rest of their lives. If she doesn't believe you love and accept her and will protect her at any cost, she will search out that feeling from her peer group and that can only cause trouble.

thats bull. most teens know there parents love them thats not the problem.Just becouse your parents are acting like a ***** dosent mean they dount love you.I know that and so do other teens .The problem is that when parents try to (guide our lives in the right direction) aka (controle) we take it as an insult. Becouse its not your life to controle/guide its ours and when a parent has more controle over my life than i do it can be so rrrrrg. it makes you feel so infereor and so we try to take some controle back into our lifes. most the time we go overbord whitch couses the rebellious behvior. why is it so hard for parents to just treat us with respect like any other person not try to controle us. Think haw you treat your kids do you realy treat them with the same respect you treat a coworker with. we dount feel respect so why should we respect you. dount try to controle your kids more than thay can controle thereself treat your kids with jenuen respect and dount say things like (be home befor 9:00 or elts) say (try to be home by nine ok) it will give us more respect.

I honeslty believe communication is greater than anything reguardless of age, showing an intrest in some one will always open them up to you. No matter what your daughter is into try to talk her about what ever she will and eventually she will open up more. Don't over do it or try to be her freind, be her mom but a mother that is willing to listen and understand instead of just laying down the law.

I agree that "communication is key" but you also shouldn't force anything onto her, it will just make her rebel even more.

I have a sister that is the same way, but worse!! Everyday I come home and I would say Hello, then my sister would be all nice but the next minute she would be telling u to go f**k ur dad!! I finally had enough I told my mom and she would borrow my things, my dad was sick of her, my brother was sick of her, my mom would be screaming at her cause my sister just told her to go suck penis!! The thing is that my mom would lose her cool and start screaming even louder, Then my mom finnally did something about it. She sent my sister in anger management!! She went twice a week, and about after 2 months she acted like a normal child everyday, she was kind, and now we all want to be around her, maybe your kid needs more attentiont than other kids, maybe she just needs someone alse to talk to

If you have trouble with your teen and their "rebellious" stage, when you no longer can take it and you know that they need some serious discipline that you cant provide, you can always ask for professional help. Like what we did to my sister, she was really off the rail, she was giving my mom a major headache. Mom was called to the principals office for 10 consecutive weeks (that was a record!), when my mom could no longer take it she asked help from our dad (ex-husband) on what to do then my dad suggested to enroll my to military boarding school to really give her the idea that she has gone to worst. And being there will really help her with her behavioral and disciplinary problem. At the moment she is doing pretty good, she spent summer her with us and we got to a heart to hearth talk. Its good, shes good and we are all good. Hopefully it will continue to be good. :D

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***