I am about to have ankle ligament reconstruction. I had an injury a year ago and since then none of the
conventional therapies managed it completely. I’d like to hear something about this procedure. What it is like and
if it really helps. I have heard that there are several techniques that can be performed in ankle ligament
reconstruction. Still don’t know which one is going to be performed in me. Please post.

The default procedure is Brostrom’s in which ligaments are advanced and inserted into the grooves of the bones.
Before all, ligaments’ ends have to be identified in the scar. There are various techniques that are in fact
modifications of bostrom’s or are different in some parts. Tenodesis is suitable for severe instability of ankle.
The whole or a half of tendon is used to replace the ligaments. This technique is usually non-isometric and may
cause osteoarthritis later.